[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I win arguments/come out on top when bantering? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 640x640
How do I win arguments/come out on top when bantering?

I've bullied when I was younger, youngest one in my family, always had an unpopular or controversial opinion and I'd get shut the fuck down. I have some friends but it always ends up with me being the object of ridicule when we poke fun at each other. In arguments I never feel sure of myself or my position. And I never win. It could be a shitpost fest on 4chan, it could be trying to argue a point in a professional setting or having a political discussion with friends and family.

If someone disses me, I'd diss them back but my insult would be just... terrible. People could insult me and I'd be genuinely upset but I can't seem to dole out similar verbal punishment to others.

How do I become a verbal gladiator?
>>
>>17134277
If you're in a group and you are the one with the unpopular opinion you will never win.
>>
As corny as it sounds, watch movies. Actors are cast because they can portray natural human response in a realistic way. Watch how they act certain emotions, and understand how they manipulate the audience with their facial expressions and body language.
>>
>>17134277
read reddit, news, be in awkward gatherings a lot, and youll know what to do later on in life.
>>
>>17134292
Autist wojak confirmed

I've fucking won tons of arguments, especially politics, in groups where odds were against me

Learn to manipulate people scrub, it makes life a lot easier.
>>
Literally just act confident, even if you are completely wrong people will gravitate towards the guy who seems like he knows what hes saying.
>>
>>17134277
There's a book by Schopenhauer. Don't know what it's called in English, but in German it's "Die Kunst, Recht zu behalten" (could translate to "the art of always being right").
>>
The moment you genuinely get upset, you've lost. Not giving a fuck is half the battle.
>>
File: unrele10.jpg (42 KB, 538x434) Image search: [Google]
unrele10.jpg
42 KB, 538x434
>>17135993
This is actually not bad OP. I do this for fun and it works.

Me: I can't believe you don't know where Crimea is, it's right here" *points to France*
Friends: oh yeah I remember now.
Yeah I remember because they were close to England.

Mfw
>>
>>17135992
>Autist wojak confirmed
>I've fucking won tons of arguments, especially politics, in groups where odds were against me
>Learn to manipulate people scrub, it makes life a lot easier.
Everyone stops talking in the hopes that you'll go away because they're sick of listening to your inane drivel != convincing people that you're right and they're wrong.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.