[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I work up the courage to go to the gym? I walk back and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1386099401115.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1386099401115.png
65 KB, 285x276
How do I work up the courage to go to the gym? I walk back and forth outside the place trying to encourage myself to enter but I always give up and go home. It's been going on for months.
>>
Do some home exercises until you build up some muscle and experience so that you don't feel so out of place at the gym. Maybe read up on how to use the equipment or stuff like that.
>>
>>17134095

have you had a free PT session? most gyms offer them when you sign up. perhaps also consider just saving up and paying for a personal training session (50ish dollars give or take).

>BUT ANON I DONT HAZ MONEY

in 4 months you could have saved 50 bucks (12.50 a month) so just make the effort to save 12:50 a month for the next few months.

you can also try to find a gym friend that will waste more time than not.

having a PT show you what to do helps. i wouldnt have been able to go without that guidance.
>>
If you're uncomfortable about your body, trying choosing the least busy time to go. I go at 5:00 a.m. and it's usually dead in there. And remember, no one really cares about how you look; they're trying to work on themselves. It's only an hour and it will pay off immensely.
>>
Scared you'll be judged?

Literally nobody will care who you are in there.
>>
>>17134095
If you're embarrassed because of what you look like, stop right there. Nobody is gonna give a shit. Everyone is trapped in their own little bubbles of reality to notice what's going on around them. As long as you don't make a total retard out of yourself like try to load a weight plate on your erect dick, nobody will even look at you.

If it's because you don't know what you're doing, read up some stuff online about gym etiquette and then follow other anons' advice about getting a PT for even just a single session. That way you won't derp your way around equipment.
>>
Dude... why do you need COURAGE to go to the gym ? Seriously.... nobody, absolutely NOBODY give a fuck about others gym member when you're they're lifting...
Do what the fuck you need and you want !
>>
Just go... it will take a week or two to be comfortable when you are there but you will eventually be able to go without caring what other people think of you...

besides most people going to the gym are more focused on themselves rather than others.
>>
Take an anxiety pill and go.
>>
theres nothing embarassing about going to the gym when youre out of shape. what is embarassing is being worried so much about what others think of you that you wont go to the gym you autist
>>
Just do it anon. Nobody cares, literally nobody cares, especially since there's also some people like you, just trying to loose weight.

I was a chubby fuck, but after 4 weeks of hitting the gym 5 days a week to do 1 hour and half of aerobic excersize and 1 hour and a half of lifting, I finally look average, and aim forward looking a bit more toned.

You have nothing to fear, but fear itself.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.