[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Driving Anxiety.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-05-11-18-20-44--866816179.jpg (7 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-11-18-20-44--866816179.jpg
7 KB, 276x183
Hello im a country bumpkin with a horrible issue. Im fine with driving on the small town roads around where i live. Even the roads of the small town not far from where i live. But i cant seem to bring myself to drive to the city or in it. The issue is i have somthing inportant going on next week in the city and im afraid to drive there but i dont think i have any other choice. How can i get over this anxiety. It makes me nervous just thinking about it. Help please. Also i have never drove in the city before.
>>
Shameless self bump.
>>
Fuck guess i am hopless then...
>>
which city? has your doctor prescribed anxiety medication for you? can you drive to a parking lot in or just outside of the city and then walk/take public transportation or a taxi?
>>
>>17134027
this.
driving in a city is about alertness and desensitizing yourself.
but it depends on the city
>>
>>17134027
I wont say what city but it isnt a huge one like new york or LA. I would say its a mid size city. Issue is my friend needs me to drive him to a important appiontment and no one else will. No i dont talk to doctors about such things.
>>
>>17134067
familiarize yourself with the route you'll be taking on google maps. Also good choice not talking to doctors about such things, I found out that because I had a minor depression diagnosis I am now permanently disqualified from every military branch.
>>
>>17134067
adv is not going to track you down with a city name but w/e

avoid downtown, plan out your route. use a gps. one mounted to the windshield so you aren't fucking with your phone. get in the correct lane as soon as possible. don't be afraid to be a bit aggressive.

practice in a smaller town near you to help you relax more around traffic. work your way up.
>>
Honestly i was thinking about maning up and driving there alone before hand a few days before sincr i will have a couple days off work. Should i?
>>
>>17134166
it will be easier to drive if you are alone with no distractions. leave the radio off in downtown.
practice parallel parking in your area also.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.