[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fix my self esteem, adv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nnbja49NfO1qktmi7o1_500.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnbja49NfO1qktmi7o1_500.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
i feel insane these days

i can barely stand watching films with other women in them because ofc they're more attractive than the average, i can't even look at the other women in my classes without becoming self-deprecating and because of this, i've literally almost stopped trying to look good

i eat a shit ton, i don't work out anymore, i don't take care of my skin, etc etc

i don't feel better that i'm attractive to some people - it doesn't even matter, i just hate my face and body and think its beyond saving

used to be, i hated myself but had this thought that i could improve but nowadays it's just "why even bother"

i just don't know what to do to fix it
>>
>>17133593
well you should improve yourself to benifit yourself
there will always be someone who is better looking.
as a guy there will always be someone with a bigger house or a nicer car or a hotter gf.
the trick is making the most of what you have. besides accomplishment yields satisfaction.
>>
a lot of attractive women have only that going for them, when they lose their looks they have nothing

an average funny and interesting girl will have more than them any day of the week

kids in highschool want hotties and what not but what can you do with a person like that? look at her and have sex but man that gets boring fast
get some hobbies, interests, learn something

also being attractive to some beats being attractive to none
>>
>i eat a shit ton
eat less
>i don't work out
work out
>care of skin
I don't know what would be involved in that, but I'm assuming you don't shower or something?

Like, jesus christ land whale it's not that tough, you spelled out the exact steps you need to take for yourself to be better.
>>
>>17133629
yayaya, you hate women, good reading comprehension, bucko

>>17133622
yeah, i don't really care about that. for the most part, i'm kind of batshit and i'm aware most men only tolerate me because i'm attractive.

either way, i do have hobbies and interests but the issue here, honestly, is that i'm hopelessly shallow when it comes to myself

>>17133608
yeah, maybe doing more with my life/time would at least provide a distraction of some sort. self satisfaction would be found there but i still find none in myself physically.
>>
>>17133684
yayaya, you're a fat lazy cow, blame genetics, blubber
>>
IF you stop, who will make it run again? IF you resign, there is no winning later and no 4chan advice master will help you
>>
I was the same way. Then I got diagnosed with major depressive disorder. Having a therapist untangle the web that is my brain, getting to the root of why I felt the way I did, helped immensely. Please consider it OP.
>>
>>17133693
Not op, but I would like to point this out.

Laziness: what mentally healthy people partake in because "I don't wanna" "I prefer things to be easy"

Depression: partake in some in some of the same habits as lazy people because "I'm not worth it" "life feels meaningless" "neither my brain nor body have any energy"

See the difference?
>>
>>17133703
Kindly ignore the troll OP. No normal humans are actually like this.
>>
>>17133714
Depression that is driven from the fact she's an obese lazy sack of shit is not a mental disorder.

She's just fat, lazy, and now suffering the consequences of letting her life slip out from under her.

You want to throw pills at her, when all she needs is a diet adjustment and to take a power walk around the neighborhood a few times a week.
>>
>>17133739
Notice how I did not mention pills, I said that TALKING to someone who was able to help me understand what was going on was helpful.

You could be right. Maybe she's not mentally ill Iike I was. For someone who is not, your advice could work. But for someone who is sick, it won't do shit. It's best to talk to a doctor and get evaluated, know for sure if this is a phase or an illness.
>>
>>17133756
WAHH I NEED A DOCTOR TO JUSTIFY THE FACT THAT I'M A FAT PIECE OF LARD BY SAYING I HAVE A MENTAL ILLNESS THAT ACTUALLY MAKES ME MENTALLY UNABLE TO BRING MYSELF TO POWER WALK AND EAT LESS

pro tip, that illness is called I'm lazy, and I don't care how many pills they throw at you, or what made-up disease they have to tell you that you have. The only thing stopping you, is the fact you're fucking lazy.
>>
>>17133767
You're a Scientologist aren't you. Also
>I troll an advice board
>>
>>17133767
What constitutes a real illness to you? I'm curious.
>>
>>17133791
just ignore him and he'll stop. it's not a big deal. but seriously, he's just one of those people who get personally offended by fat women. even ones he makes up in his head.
>>17133700
i don't have the money for it currently, but i would like that as an option. it's not that i don't have the energy to do things - i can easily join my classes @ the gym three times a week since i've paid for them for the year but it's just an obligation. i just don't SEE the point since it's all for naught.

it just seems so pointless
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.