[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to open up your significant other to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: polyamory-heart-600x350.jpg (56 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
polyamory-heart-600x350.jpg
56 KB, 600x350
What's the best way to open up your significant other to polygamy?

I've had affairs for a while now but they kinda make me feel like a dirtbag.

I couldn't care less if my significant other had some side action but she's the extremely emotionally clingy type who has her claws wrapped around me.

That being said I would never consider leaving her or telling her of my infidelities, I just don't believe she could handle that and she certainly wouldn't deserve going through that emotional turmoil. She is also perfect wife and grow old with material and I don't want to lose that.
>>
>>17133440
Either people are open to the idea, or they're not. You can't force them to change their mind.
>>
>>17133512
This. There is no way to "open a person up" to something like this. You're wired for it or you aren't, and most people aren't.
>>
>>17133440
you should break up with your girl friend if you are cheating on her, you feel like a dirtbag because you are acting like one. find a girl who is into polygamy or open relationships, then have all the open sex you want.
>>
How long have you been with her? This is something you should have discussed with her early on. "I'm a big fan of polyamoury. I love you and you're number one in my life, but I won't ever be truly satisfied with just one person. It's not a personal slight against you, it's just how I am sexually. (Insert more explanation to help her understand you better) Are you okay with this?" And many people are perfectly fine with this, so long as there is no deception going on.

But no, instead of handling it maturely you decided to go the ultra-douche route and hide it from her. You feel kind of like a dirtbag because hiding this from her does, in fact, make you a dirtbag. She will find out eventually and go through this "emotional turmoil" you oh so badly want to avoid. If you really care about this woman then you know she deserves to be treated better than that.
>>
>>17133440
It's a bit late to suggest polyamory "after" you've been devein your partner. It's probably not going to go down well if she thinks you're in a monogamous relationship. If she's been cheating on you too, you may be onto something but as you say, she's very into you, and you sound very egotistical, having not considered her feelings at all so far, thinking what she doesn't know won't hurt her but you've been extremely selfish. Personally, I wouldn't out up with they if I had been led to believe my partner loved me, I certainly wouldn't treat someone I loved that way. You have just done your own thing, felt bad later then thought you may have to confess somehow and I think you should but I think she could do better unless she's up for polyamory and you know she's not really. This is not fair to her. She deserves a chance to be with someone compatible with her needs and desires
>>
>>17133440
A real man would have been upfront in the beginning, or left quietly once realizing she has higher moral standards. You're a weak little boy for cheating. Truth always comes out, don't expect to grow old with her. She'll be the one who ran away
>>
She's an extremely clingy emotional-type. You're something of a whore who wants her to change who she is so she'll be okay with your lifestyle.

You are not meant for each other. Anyone and everyone but you can see this.
>>
>>17133440
People like you ruin polyamory for everyone else. Just kill yourself and get it over with.
>>
>>17134695
What about RUNNING MONOGAMY. IS EVERYONE INSANE?????
>>
>>17135306
I'm monogamous myself, but. If both married partners are happy with it then there's nothing insane about it. If anything it makes more sense than monogamy. Spread your seed far and wide to promote biodiversity and increase the population of our species.
>>
File: 1450150021453.png (45 KB, 1140x798) Image search: [Google]
1450150021453.png
45 KB, 1140x798
>>17133440

More like INsignificant other!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.