[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know whether to start a law suit or not. all my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: John+Lennon+lennon64.jpg (24 KB, 344x354) Image search: [Google]
John+Lennon+lennon64.jpg
24 KB, 344x354
I don't know whether to start a law suit or not. all my options seem really lousy. That someone that is seen as so good does so badly to someone :o/
>>
>>17133102
You'd need to explain the situation better for anyone to be able to offer constructive advice, OP...
>>
File: hobbiton40.jpg (35 KB, 750x358) Image search: [Google]
hobbiton40.jpg
35 KB, 750x358
My intellectual property has been taken and it's reasonably blatant.

I've looked up some cases where people have successfully sued (pic related lost to C.Berry for example). It is do-able.

The lousy situation is that it feels so naff. "and then they got in loads of suits over 7 years and finally they bought a Volvo with the settlement"

I'd rather the people involved helped me out to do my own thing,

because they took all my thunder, made probably millions and have left me in a swamp.

they should help me.

"do it yourself" - well all of what was supposed to launch me they took it instead. I could swallow it but to leave me with nothing, and ill and the future I worked for wrecked ...sucks.
>>
>>17133102
You'll need proof that it was really yours. They could easily lie and say they did it, if you don't have any proof who will know? It's not fair if they stole your work but you have to be able to convince a judge.
>>
>>17133282
he doesn't have a copyright or pending patent so he has no case.
End of story
>>
>>17133273
You could try to resolve this by sending a written request to address your grievances and then making a follow-up call to set an appointment for same (keeping records of steps taken as proof of your attempts) and, if little or nothing comes of it, contact a lawyer with all your evidence gathered and discuss your options with real legal counsel. You may have a case, and you may need to speak to more than one attorney's office to truly evaluate your prospects for receiving appropriate compensation, if you are in fact so entitled. Seriously, take it step by step and see whether a lawsuit really is sustainable. GL!
>>
File: job-0399-r-ok-720x390.jpg (53 KB, 720x390) Image search: [Google]
job-0399-r-ok-720x390.jpg
53 KB, 720x390
>>17133282
>You'll need proof that it was really yours. They could easily lie and say they did it, if you don't have any proof who will know? It's not fair if they stole your work but you have to be able to convince a judge.

I better not say any more had I?

Just sort this out for me won't you?

god damn
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.