[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I stop my dandruff? I've tried everything from tea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: hype-hair-Car-Meme-Dandruff.jpg (100 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
hype-hair-Car-Meme-Dandruff.jpg
100 KB, 600x350
How can I stop my dandruff? I've tried everything from tea tree shampoo, that special tar shampoo, head and shoulders clinical strength, even no 'poo. It always goes away for a few days and then my scalp starts itching again. I don't want to have to shampoo everyday; I have amazing hair and I hate constantly washing out the natural oil because it makes my hair frizzy.

Is there a cause/cure for this? I've only really noticed it in the past 2 years. In my teens when I let my hair grow out I never had a problem with dandruff, and in fact girls used to compliment my hair (black girls would rave about how jelly they were). Back then I used to shampoo and condition with Garnier Fructis Soft and Smooth shampoo. I don't use these anymore, and in fact I don't condition period. Should I try switching back to this routine?

I just want this problem to go away forever. Tell me it's possible!
>>
I used to use anti dandruff shampoo daily for years because otherwise I had terrible dandruff and I started to get sick of it and it was escalating to the point where I'd sometimes have to wash it twice a day if I was heading out somewhere nice that evening because it'd be back again by night time.

When I had some time off work I switched to 'no poo' with occasional dilute bicarbonate of soda rinses and a dash of tea tree. Over about two weeks it was cured. I kept up this routine with the occasion bicarbonate rinse maybe twice a month?

This was a few years back and I'm back using shampoo again, but only regular shampoo and I haven't had the dandruff come back. I suffered with it for fucking years. I'm also more aware of when it is starting to get kind of shitty and I back off on the shampoo and try and avoid washing it if I've a few days off work and I can get away with bumming it with a hat here and there if I'm just making a short visit out somewhere.
>>
>>17133008
What's the concentration of the bicarbonate solution? Do you add the tea tree oil in to the solution or onto your scalp?
>>
Hmmm, try apple cider vinegar. I hear it works well on dandruff.
>>
>>17133031
I wasn't too prissy about it. I had a cup in the bathroom and used to use about a tablespoon full and half/three quarter fill it with water from the shower. Enough to wet all your hair, depends on how much you have. I used a few drops of oil added directly to the solution and left it on while doing my regular shit. If you make it too strong it'll start to bleach your hair and dry it out a little over time, but then I wasn't using it that often.
>>
Head and shoulders every day keeps the dandruff away.

On weekends or events I'll use American Crew, but, I can't consistently Crew or I get dandruff again within a week.
>>
I'll go and ask my dermatologist next month. Cant deal with it any other way, but they were awesome treating my acne, so they should solve the dandruff problem as well
>>
>>17132986
>>17132986

I get bad dandruff and dove shampoo and conditioner got rid of it. Head and shoulders just made mine worse.
>>
Bump. Any other tips?
>>
>>17133613
Bic your head.
>>
>>17133617
What does that even mean?
>>
>>17133630
Bic (brand) Disposable Razors--Anon is suggesting that you use those
>>
Jason's anti dandruff shampoo is the best shampoo you can buy for dandruff. Give it a shot, it's the only one that works for me.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.