[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright so I was rejected horribly by my love interest,and rather
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: alpha.jpg (163 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
alpha.jpg
163 KB, 720x576
Alright so I was rejected horribly by my love interest,and rather than use it as an opportunity to wallow in my self pain and misery, I am going to use this as a learning experience and use to turn over a new leaf in my life. I am and will become the alpha. But I need a few pointers first to get me started on the path I have chosen. Such as what are some good movies to watch that feature an alpha male type character, books to read, youtube channels, etc. Anything that I can read or watch that gets and keeps me motivated to become who I want to be in life.
>>
I'm pretty beta myself so I can't help you buddy, but at least I can tell you not to try to act like a fictional character, that shit never works.
>>
>>17132996
I know man, but I figure if I can see actual alpha thoughts and behavior in action, I feel like I can better adapt that into my own personal life.
>>
Stop man, your going to embarrass yourself. One girl rejects you and you decide to change?
You do know that is beta as fuck right?
>>
>>17133011

Well I figure my father is getting older, and if I am going to be the familial patriarch one day then I better start acting like it. I have decided to be the one that takes charge of my life and be in control, rather than the one who keeps his head down and follows the rules, that is the way of the sheep. I will become the guy that others look up to and want to be. I will become the guy who's very presence fills the room.

For me it's not because some girl rejected me, this isn't the first nor will it probably be the last time that I have faced rejection from a female. I know that happens, only difference this time is I felt an actual connection, and rather than wallow in a pool of my own self loathing and self pity and accomplish nothing but make myself even more miserable, I am going to use this as a learning opportunity and make myself a better person because of it. If wanting to change and become a better person keeps me beta, then by all means I would stay a beta. But a true alpha knows that change is constant and the best he can do is adapt!
>>
>>17133011
>I'm going to take this failure and take it as a chance to improve myself, which is something I wanted to do anyway
>THAT'S BETA
Retards gonna tard.
Also, if you spend you're life analyzing shit and wondering if things that you're doing are beta, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>17132985
Reading list:
Jack Kerouac - On the Road
Charles Bukowski - Post Office/Factotum/Women
David Foster Wallace - Infinite Jest
Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged
then read some TS Eliot poetry

watch fight club
listen to joe rogan's podcast every week
get into at least one sport
be fitness
get into hiking or some kind of outdoor activity
have a truck
drink only whisky and IPAs
drop your beta hobbies or at least don't talk about them to people
never ask a fucking question on adv again

fake it by doing this shit and you'll be less of a cringe.gif than you are today
>>
>>17133120
Nice, finally some answers to my questions. Thanks!
>>
>>17133212
Stay yourself. You don't want to change yourself, that would be stupid. I was in the same situation as you are right now. For me the solution was fitness. I'm still myself, but a far more improved version of myself. After working out for 1.5 year I became a lot stronger, both physically and mentally. Due to the workouts I learned myself to set goals and to start working towards them. I'm now able to motivate myself, I gained a lot of confidence and I got to learn myself a lot better. So my tip, work hard to improve yourself, but never change who you really are. Good luck mate, I know you got this.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.