[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 4-13.png (1 MB, 1600x1166) Image search: [Google]
4-13.png
1 MB, 1600x1166
Hey guys, I need help!

I'm being a victim of a sociopath and I've done everything that is recommended but he won't stop.
I have ignored his provocations. I have chosen my words carefully so he wouldn't use them against me. I changed college so he couldn't contact me physically. I blocked me on every possible social app. I took some time to recover my self esteem and I've been doing great.

This dude persuaded my friends to attack me and always finds away to play innocent in front of everyone. He prevented me from getting new friends after I left him. He badmouthed me to multiple teachers and I nearly failed a semester.

Now I managed to make all that go away but he still keeps trying to reach me however it is.
I don't know what to do, all I did was to say NO to his abusive friendship and he won't let go! He lost power over me and he's pissed! What can I do???
>>
>>17132842
If the situation is as bad as you say then you're at the point where it is fair game to involve the police.

The moment he/she went after your education or career prospects, this kind of behavior shifts right into 'harassment' territory.

Talk to a lawyer or legal official about the potentiality of getting a restraining order on them
>>
he is obsessed with you, do what the user before me wrote

if you are not able to get a restraining order, hire someone to kick hiss ass
>>
Sociopaths have a great difficulty conceptualizing that their actions have consequences. If you do come into contact with one slowly cut off contact and become distant, do not tell them why and do not confront them. If they ask just say you have been busy and didn't want to bother them with your drama. I would suggest never outing them, it can make things escalate quickly.

Just use their nature to your advantage and seem boring as possible, they are in the business of avoiding boredom in anyway possible.
>>
>>17132880
I wonder. I kicked his ass once, when he didn't stop talking to me and kept trying to approach me, so he has that against me. I didn't even hurt him, I'm a very small girl, but there were witnesses. I dunno if it's him messing with my head or what, but I feel like I'm GUILTY more than him. All he did was slowly tear my self esteem apart in a very clever way while we were friends and then I even tried contacting him so we could be friends back when I was confused about what the hell I was feeling.
>>17132901
How can I do that? Walk into a troublesome neighborhood and just ask someone?? I asked my thugest friend but he says he won't do it
>>
>>17132922
Again, you need to stop interacting with him in all ways, sending someone to beat him up provides him attention and something interesting. You have to understand a sociopath craves conflict, it is one of the most entertaining things for them.
>>
>>17132910
Thank you so much but that ship already sailed... I told him I was leaving because he was too toxic for me, and now he's trying to shift the blame to me, being me the mean one who abandoned him. He isn't actively attacking me because he risks losing an important person to him if he escalates things, but as soon as their project tgether ends, I have no doubts he will go all out on me. He's almost finished and he's already starting to move, even when I don't even talk to him or mention him at all. I'm afraid that even if I won in court against him, he could still make me the mean one, he's persuasive like that.
>>
>>17132929
Hmm, I see. Well, my plan was to get him beaten up after he messed up with someone else (he has so many enemies) so he would not think that I did it and learned that his actions have consequences and he can't just treat people like shit forever. But again, he's a monster, would that work?
>>
>>17132932
You may just need to concede your ties to the people still under his influence, remember you need to focus on your own safety, playing into revenge only give him someone to 'play' with. Once he sees you have stopped as an opponent, he will move on to something else.
But yeah, sociopaths tend to only be dangerous if they are addicts, in danger of being revealed, or if there is comorbidity with another disorder.
>>
>>17132947
besides an extreme egocentric personality, I think he's fairly ok mental health-wise. He did have a huge break down when I ended my relationship with him, he even stayed in bed for the next day.
I will try to ignore though. We share a small art community but I will try to avoid giving him anything he can play with. He's been very angry at me, but never had the chance of direct confrontation and I KNOW he's eager for that. He's been messing up with idiotic things I say, even when I didn't even mention him in any kind of way. Thank you very much for your help!
>>
>>17132935
So the current theory, with ASPD is they are completely unable to associate actions and negative consequences, I am unsure if this will ultimately hold true though. Due to their other traits intelligent sociopaths tend to be very good at navigating the legal system, just be aware of that. This won't go away over night, i see you blocked him from social media, it might be wise to close your accounts, it is likely he is still viewing them from a different account.
>>
>>17132956
Good luck and please be careful.
>>
>>17132958
Hmm I have the same doubt. Stupid thing but when we were friends, we had a mutual friend, dude#1, who was 20 and desperate for a gf. The sociopath mocked dude#1 as fuck, told him he was a sad fuck for wanting a gf so badly and all he wanted was sex, "oh how sad of you".
Two years later, THE SOCIOPATH was in this same situation. He desperately wanted a bf or a gf (just about anyone really). But then it was "acceptable" because "it was him" or "now I know how dude#1 felt, still he was a sad fuck with other sadder problems"
He can feel slight "empathy" if he somehow can see himself in that situation. No more than comprehension though, he did nothing to apologize to dude#1... Sorry, I just keep talking...
>>
>>17132974
also he blamed everyone for wanting sex so badly, he blamed this girl for having sex 8 months after she started dating someone, but when he finally got a partner, he blew his dick 1 hour after he confessed, and buttsexed him the next day. It was ok, it was him after all.

Thank you for your help though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.