[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend's father died yesterday and I'm supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 14629557422841352320471.jpg (2 MB, 2336x4160) Image search: [Google]
14629557422841352320471.jpg
2 MB, 2336x4160
My girlfriend's father died yesterday and I'm supposed to see my gf tomorrow. How does one act on this situation, am I supposed to cheer her up, act sad, or act normal? Is it ok to call her as often as I use to or should I give her space?
>>
>>17132206
Comfort her, you fucking autistic mongoloid. Show her sympathy for her loss, and let her know you feel terrible that her grandfather died. Ask if you can do anything to help the family. Show some consideration, you incorrigible fucking dipshit.
>>
>>17132214
Like I said in op her father died not her grandfather. I never met the man or her family, so I don't know what help I can offer.
>>
>>17132206
Your job is to hold her while she empties tears in your shoulder for 12 hours.
>>
>>17132248
Ok, I could do that thanks for the advice. I doubt she will cry though, she never cries.
>>
>>17132206
Comfort her, be available. Do things like buy her food, offer assistance, and let her come to you if she wants more assistance.
>>
>>17132266
I'm always available, thing is she never asks for anything, she didn't even call to tell me her dad died. I'm just wondering if I should be calling her or not?
>>
>>17132248

Yep, pretty much this. Girls don't want practical advice of any kind, they want you to bring them flowers and then be quiet and hug and cuddle them and listen to them while they bawwwww.
>>
>>17132214
OP asked for advice on how to respond to complex and unusual situation.

Your response shows you're the underage autistic retard with no ability to interact with other humans.

Go fuck off and die.
>>
Take care of things that she would do normally. Eating, brushing teeth etc. She will be like a child and largely unconsolable for a while. She may lash out at you in anger, do not take it personally. She may become depressed or suicidal and these are things you will have to help her through.

Given that you have not met her family I doubt you have been dating very long, so you must understand that how much she cares about you will pale in comparison to how much she realizes she cares about her family. She might not want you around at all and that is simply something you will have to respect and let her decide.
>>
Ask her if she wants to talk about him and the old times they spent together
Listen to her needs and hug her
>>
>>17132214
Kek, no shit sherlock
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.