[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
friend almost died
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: me.png (82 KB, 311x287) Image search: [Google]
me.png
82 KB, 311x287
my best friend/ex girlfriend tried to hang herself the other day because she doesn't feel accepted in her household and everyone treats her like shit. luckily she survived but now she's stuck in the psych ward and i miss her so much. it hurts to imagine her almost being gone forever. it's already suffering that she isn't around to talk to anymore.
what advice do you have for me? how can i help her be stable again once she's released?
>>
help
>>
let the psych ward handle helping her find stability.
The most important thing you can do is be there and not treat her differently.
If she wants to talk about it let her and be supportive, but I wouldn't bring it up first.
>>
>>17131354
>luckily she survived
This was not an accident.
If she wanted to die, she'd be dead.
She was saying "I have no way out, please help me".

So just tell her that you value her and you can help her if able.

But ultimately, like other anon said, psych ward is probably best. She needs a proper shrink to pick apart what drove her to that cry of help
>>
>>17131441
That's because a majority of men tend to kill themselves with harsher ways unlike women.
>>
>>17131549
Hanging is pretty surefire and atypical for women. It's also pretty hard to fuck up unless you're not trying to kill yourself.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.