[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /adv/. I'm really tired of spending my youth in isolation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Foucault.jpg (33 KB, 380x327) Image search: [Google]
Foucault.jpg
33 KB, 380x327
Okay /adv/. I'm really tired of spending my youth in isolation. At this rate I'll never experience things. My situation:

>19, female, live in rural California
>going off to a very small libarts college in the fall
>spend most of my days studying and reading in my house
>moderately anxious

What I want:
>To go to parties
>hang out with people
>enjoy my time and be outgoing

I'm also chubby but have a nice face and am a slightly thinner bustier white version of Ashley Graham

How do I go about achieving all of this? I wanna have the classic state school college kid experience.
>>
Which state? Just curious.
>>
>>17131055
California
>>
File: 1461959123517.gif (2 MB, 352x290) Image search: [Google]
1461959123517.gif
2 MB, 352x290
From my experience, since you're going to college, there will be plenty of opportunities to be social/party/outgoing. It will depend on your class peeps, but I would recommend:
-holding/participating in study groups (or clubs); you can get to know people better, and be productive at the same time
-it may be slowgoing, but if you can make a few good friends, you can host your own house parties (they're pretty popular in Sacramento, and I imagine it would be more spacious in rural CA).
-Some classes give you more of an opportunity to be adventuresome (e.g. geology, field-oriented). It makes bonding easier when you're on your feet performing group tasks. If you need to fill some credits, do these!
>>
>>17131044
Go on diet fast, none of the decent people wants to hangout with the land whales.
>>
>>17131044
>liberal arts
>fat

shocking.

but sarcasm aside you are the stereotype you will find a lot of people like you in colledge if you follow
>>17131445
advice
>>
>>17131445
And I'm imagining this is your first time in college? It will be different, but you're responsible for your experience. If you don't play the social game, it's easy to be just as isolated in college. A lot of students I was around at Berkeley never gave it the go, and just played the vidya instead of going to lecture. That being said, just learn from the more outgoing people and you will catch on easy.

Also, I wouldn't worry about being chubby; lots of guys/gals dig it (my gf is chubby, and I looooove it)
>>
File: ihopkc_logo.jpg (91 KB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
ihopkc_logo.jpg
91 KB, 550x310
>>17131044
Try going to church
https://www.youtube.com/user/IHOPkc/live
>>
>>17131467
How does one play the social game?

>>17131458
Is this actually true? I see popular chubby girls all of the time.
>>
>>17132538
>Is this actually true? I see popular chubby girls all of the time.
being thin makes you feel better, makes life better, makes people like you more.
If you have to think about losing weight for others, your priorities are whack. Think about yourself
>>
come hang out with me at UCM
I don't have hardly any friends either
>>
>>17132549
Never stated I was going to follow the advice, I'm just wanting to see if it's true despite what I've seen my entire life. Besides, I dont want this thread to devolve into a 'LOSE WEIGHT RAAA' diatribe.
>>
>>17131464
what the fuck is even the relation? i went to an art school and no one was fat...
>>
>>17132556
Fat acceptance is seen as an 'SJW' phenomenon... and if a college has the word 'liberal' anywhere in its denotation it must be full of SJWs.
>>
>>17132560
it's not a real movement, it's a political gesture

just like sjws dont hang out with ACTUAL black people, just really whitewashed ones

see it's all posturing. Nobody actually likes fat people
>>
>>17132552
UC Merced? I live too far away from that campus. Plus do they even allow visitors without any obvious direct relation to the student?
>>
>>17132563
So, all of the popular fat/chubby people I've seen when I go into the city and such, no one /actually/ liked them, correct?
>>
>>17132566
yeah of course you can go on campus fuck do you think this is? Anyone can go on campus and go to classes and eat in the dining area, you can just walk on. I live in my own house besides

college is great though, 100x better than high school for sure
no parents, no one forcing you to do anything, an enormous library + inter-library loans so you can have literally any book you want
think you'll like it a lot more than being at home
>>
>>17132560
nah you just reek of /pol/
get out more
>>
>>17132574
I see. Well, college does sound nice. My issue is that the college I'm attending is so small, it isn't going to be the classic state school meet-everyone-do-everything sort of situation. So I want to find out how to play the social game during the summer before I attend a moderately barren campus. Like, where do I go? What should I do when I'm there? Will I fit in well? How should I go about integrating? etc.
>>
>>17132586
/pol/ is a slimy place. I was being sarcastic.
>>
>>17131044
Just be extroverted. That's literally all that separates popular fat chicks and unpopular fat chicks. Also, as somebody who goes to a liberal arts college in a state much less liberal than California, not accepting fat people makes you an outcast. Just be nice to people, and don't be too over-the-top social, and you'll be fine!
>>
>>17132589
Smaller your college is the easier it is to get to know people

Don't have any other advice though, certainly not any for how to socialize and fit in. I've never gone out of my way to fit in, but in college there's less pressure to thankfully.
Just enjoy your time.
>>
>>17131044
Just relax and smile OP. Know that there are a lot of people out there who feel the same as you do, and you don't have to try to act like anybody you're not. It's part of life and growing up to be anxious/nervous about new situations so you can overcome those feelings and become a stronger person.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.