[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ADHD medication
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: MAIL.jpg (130 KB, 383x472) Image search: [Google]
MAIL.jpg
130 KB, 383x472
I've been on adderall for a little over a year, I'm at 30mg a day split between two pills. It isn't as effective as it once was and I don't think I should go higher than this.

I seem to build up a tolerance very quickly and my regular dose barely feels like it does anything other than not make me want to nap, and if I take it regularly for straight days it starts to fuck with me - giving me intense anxiety, paranoia, sometimes even some mild hallucinations.

I'm considering switching, what are the other meds like ritalin like? How do they compare to adderall? What side effects have you noticed?
>>
That could be a tolerance to the amp salt. Try dexmethylphenidate (Focalin) it's supposed to have less side effects compared to methylphenidate (Ritalin). Talk to your doctor not 4chan as medications don't effect everyone the same
>>
Or pre-existing mental conditions like schizophrenia
>>
I get nortrilen right now and Ritalin on Friday, but I know someone who already takes it: Side effects were losing weight, not giving a fuck / more confidence and not being able to sleep as long. I hope I get "only" the same side effects, and not all the bad ones. It's different for everybody, you have to take it to know it
>>
>>17131032
>talk to your doctor
>hey doc I don't know if adderall is for me what else should I try?
>doctor: shit I don't know *reaches into hat* hm how about this one, take it and see how it goes then report back

I'm asking for personal experiences. Of course I'm going to have to talk to my doctor by default, but I would rather have an idea of what I would prefer rather than him likely just going to the next med he usually picks when adderall doesn't work.
>>
>>17131035
wut

>>17131039
I lost weight and sleep, so used to those. Adderall occasionally gives me confidence but I also feel like it gives me empty and/or depressed feeling.

I'm afraid of antidepressants, I was given one for my insomnia once (unaware that it was an antidepressant) and it made me feel really fucking weird.
>>
>>17131062
My personal experience is that I lose the rush/euphoria/ADHD helping no specific/get a tolerance focusing from adderall. I've never had hallucinations from it. I am saying that Ritalin may have less side effects but if your hallucinating on those drugs it can be a bad sign unless you haven't slept for days. (Amphetamine Psychosis?).

I would take more but that can worsen symptoms so try Ritalin or Focalin. They are basically the same except Focalin has less of a comedown and is more effective long term in my experience.

Idk what that could of been as far as antidepressants but I have had many and the weirdest in my experience is trycylic antidepressants. SSRIs or any re uptake inhibitor increases depression and anxiety for me.

Ketamine is being tested for depression and I have had immediate results from treatment that unfortunately did not last from ndma antagonist cross tolerance from dxm abuse. It seems to be the most promising. If you can't get ketamine from the black market than its hard to get treatment in some states so I would stay away from antidepressants BC all of them have fucked me up in one way or another. The only thing that helps with anxiety and depression without bullshit side effects for the most part is cannabis for me. Idk I'm kinda fucked up RN and just got in a bad situation IRL so I am not motivated to edit this shitty post.

>Tldr
Smoke some weed or exercise and look up what your being prescribed before taking it as it could fuck you up more than it helps unless your lucky. Generally psychiatrists are not gonna prescribe great meds BC most of them suck IMO

Say your having side effects from the adderall and you want to try an alternative ADHD med or look up how to buy drugs off the dnm BC they are cheaper.
Erowid, blue light, and drugs-forum + your own critical thinking can be more effective than a doctor going off old research anon
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.