[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 3 or 4 hours really that far away? My best friend of 15+ years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1462226955837.jpg (77 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
1462226955837.jpg
77 KB, 1180x842
Is 3 or 4 hours really that far away? My best friend of 15+ years is moving out of state. I kinda feel like I wont see him anymore. Even though he's already admitted to getting in a place with a guest room for me to visits. I ave social issues so I can't figure out if I'm freaking out just because it's change.
>>
>>17130944
I live 3 hours away from my parentd and I tend to see them at least once a month and we speak once or twice a week. Don't know if that's the answer you're looking for.
>>
>>17130944
A couple of my best friends moved to Japan and we still vid call a lot and visit each other 3-4 times a year. Sure money helps but you're only couple of hours away, a bus ticket is like $20? It just makes the weekends that you do hangout even more action packed.
>>
>>17130978
>>17130983
Thanks that this is good to hear.
>>
>>17130944

to be honest, yes. think about your current situation. how often do you see them? its probably often and casual.

now think, at best you can spend one overnight a week with him. but what happens when he or you gets a girlfriend. is she gonna want to spend each and every weekend with you? or is your gf gonna want to come with you down there? and thats assuming you guys were going for once a week. no matter how it starts, once a week becomes every two, every two becomes once a month, then a few times a year, then you are just too busy.

my advice? if you can, go with him.
>MOVING TO BE WITH A GUY TAHTS SO WEIRD

if you dated a girl for a year and one of you had to move, its completely reasonable for one of you to go with the other. but oyur best friend of 15 years (longer than most fucking married couples make it to these days)?

if your lifei snt much without him, go for it. maybe bringi t up after the first few trips and say you really like his new area and are considering it.

this is assuming you dont have an entire life of your ow nto leave behind but, if i cared about someone enough i might do it.
>>
>>17131019
I get what you're saying man but OP needs to be able to adapt, not cling to his buddy. If he moves up there his buddy might start to resent their friendship. They'll probably take turns visiting each other. And if they get girlfriends, great. I've visited friends and they were banging in the next room, I even hooked up with a girl while I was there myself. Same for when they visit me. They're both gonna grow as people with this distance. Forcing things is what makes relationships and friendships fall apart.
>>
>>17131019
>>17131047

Actully he's married. Both him and his wife want me to move up there with them one day.
>>
>>17131047

>ive visited friends hwile they had sex

so? that doesn't mean tehy also got to go out and do their own thing and experience their own relationship without you there as athird wheel. which is the point i was getting at.

>maintaining their friendship might start to resent their friendship

what mate? if OPs friend wants to get away from him, sure, but that isnt necessarily the case. if it was they wouldnt bother with the guest room nonsense.

im not saying that we should all cling to what we have. im a military child, 5 different high schools, and a strong believer in social independence. but if you find someone that you feel is your 'partner' then whats wrong with moving in with them?

to be honest, you are the kind of person i was describing early in my post. OP mentions after your post that his wife moved up with him. this is considered 'normal' simply because they have sex, even though its very likely OP has known his best friend longer.

yet its WEIRD or CLINGY for OP not to want to lose his best friend of 15 years?

>>17131056

whats holding you back? i imagine school or something, but id try to make a set plan if you can. nothing lasts forever, but if you managed to make a friendship go 15 years and feel you two belong to each other (in a platonic sense), then i encourage you to chase it til it dies.

i suppose i will just never understand why its totally normal to move with your wife, but not with your best friend of fifteen years.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.