[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a stigma going to a concert alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 720x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 720x726
Hello there. As you guessed, I plan on going to a concert coming up in June. It is an edm(House concert) with several original city dj's and shit, several stages and it will most likely be something to enjoy.

I just hate going alone because I always end up seeing everyone else socializing and I just walk around observing them all until the show starts and the floor get crowded as fuck, usually lose interest in loneliness at that point. Last year I saw disclosure and really thought they were great. I saw everyone else there in groups and immediately felt like a loser standing in a big crowd hiding. My mother forced me to bring some cousins with me three years ago, now they kinda separated themselves from me even more. I just really want to do something like start a meet-up.com thing about it if possible, but since ticket prices cost probably an arm and a leg, I don't know.

Should I go alone again or wait and hold off for something else?
>>
I know a guy who is pants on head retarded. He goes to parties alone and makes friends. If you go with an attitude of just making new friends and talking to unknown people, go for it. If you're scared take a few drinks or pop a pill
>>
>>17130810
Plan and get ready to go alone but invite people anyway.

I go to concerts alone sometimes and I don't talk to people unless I already know them. It's very rare to find people I know tho (i know only 3 metalhead guys). The awkwardness goes away once the concert starts.
>>
>>17130886
I'll take a shot or two. Last year someone actually approached me twice and I awkward penguied the conversation. Could have been a great opportunity but I missed out.

I know for a fact this concert will have a lot more of people who want to talk so I will try.
>>
>>17130810
Mdma bro
>>
>>17130810
It's fine to go alone, still pretty fun. Just don't be creepy and if you are socializing socialize with everyone not just girls. Don't get too drunk or do too many drugs and you'll be fine. If you really want to bring people maybe post on fb that you're going usually events have a fb page. Or bring a random from tinder. I usually just roll up alone, talk to a few people, and leave.
>>
>>17130810
Yes there is a stigma against it but what other people think of such things has no relevance or effect on you. There's no harm in trying to find people to go with online so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Only you know what you want to do, there's no reason asking us.

>awkward penguied
Ah, I see what the problem is now. Maybe try some of the matching services on reddit?
I dunno, go to some kidna edm sub and make post, see if others are going.
>>
there is no stigma

I go to concerts alone all the time

I actually generally enjoy the show more when I don't have to deal with other people

admittedly the loneliness is palpable but nobody really gives a shit
>>
just don't show up too early, I go to a lot of concerts alone because my few friends all suck
in the last year I've been to multiple concerts alone. Worst was probably going to my friends bands show because I knew him but he was busy.
>>
>>17130810
Go. I wish I went more back when I had the time.

Bring a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. I don't smoke, but brought these so I could hang out with the smokers and chat. I lit a cigarette and just kinda let it burn down (basically fake inhaled, I learned to smoke on cigars so it is what felt normal).

People go to these things to meet people, you are fine.

If you are like me, talking to the gender you are attracted to is hard, so chat with groups or your not preferred gender so you are not nervous.

Talk about the music and shows and whatever. Relax.
>>
>>17130950
Disagree. Mdma without trusted people around is not really a good call.

Particularly if you don't know it's quality... kinda ended up doing some methy stuff one time by accident. -100/10, no sleep for days and thought my heart my explode.
>>
once you're in a big crowd dancing, no one can even tell you came by yourself. get there 15 minutes late if you want to avoid wasting time waiting for shit to start.

if someone asks why you're alone, just say your friends have shit taste in music and maybe you need new friends cause this concert is dope.

a couple drinks will make you chatty. any more than that will make you annoying.

read if someone wants to talk to you. if they're giving you awkward vibes after you strike up a convo, then fuck em. concerts are full of people wanting to talk with other people. you all have the music in common, so there's an obvious basis for social interaction outside your friend group.
>>
Go for it, just be careful. People are known to get jumped in parking lots if people suspect youre alone. Especially at rap and rock concerts
>>
I guess it depends on the concert, but waiting in line might be the only time it's obvious that you're alone. It's not like security is going to write 'came here alone' in sharpie on your forehead at the gate.

>>17131848
Also this. IMO, smokers are much better company than the 'hurr let's get drunk' crowd. I'm an anxious, laid-back person though.
>>
I love going to concerts alone. It's easier to sneak all the way to the front, and I get to headbang and stuff.
>>
>>17130810
get more friends
dont go to social events alone
go to places where its okay to be alone like a cafe
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.