[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to not need to open up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: house.png (318 KB, 601x1033) Image search: [Google]
house.png
318 KB, 601x1033
How to not need to open up?

When i was a kid i had times where i would feel very sad, a few weeks, for no reason; as i grew up those feelings became more common, from once every few years to once a year, and now i have this every month.
The thing is now that it became so recurrent i feel the need to vent with someone, but people can't be trusted.

How do i make this need to vent go away?
>>
"People can't be trusted."

I think that's the root of your sadness right there.
>>
>>17130770
just talk to random people on the internet. This is a good start but IM apps are better.
>>
Why don't you trust people?
>>
Why can't i post on my pc?

>>17130841
Because when i did they fucked me over
>>17130780
I don't get the IM parts
>>17130775
My distrust came to be after random moments of saddness, i trusted people through infance and adolescence
>>
How would make this thread more interesting?
How should i phrase it in a way people will engage more?

I'm fucking crumbling inside and in need of peace of mind; this is the only place i can ask for help.
>>
>>17131292
Get a diary for your personal thoughts, a parent or close relative to talk to maybe? Or go get counselling. Apart from that keep posting and speaking to people online and you should be fine.
>>
Sounds tough dude. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>17130770

You don't. You bottle it up inside. All those feelings you're feeling? Stop feeling them. Pretend they don't exist. Then eventually you'll get to the point where it'll be impossible for you to open up even if people want you to.
>>
>>17130770
Look, humans have a need to communicate to others. If you're afraid of reaching out, that's fine. But consider counseling at the very least. If you want to vent to someone, you can try it here at the very least
>>
>>17131331
Family is one of the main reasons i don't trust people. I can't trust my own family so other people aren't an option either.
>>17131334
>>17131340
I tried that before, it got to a point i just couldn't not talk about, so i did. Apparently is too much for her to listen to me saying i want to die but it's ok for her to say that she has nightmares where she kills her parents and is affraid she'll do it in real life (she won't but the nightmares made her afraid).
If i ever reach that point again i'll probably off myself.
>>17131345
>humans have a need to communicate to others
Unfortunately it hurts a lot when you wish to go against that.
>>
>>17131407
It seems like you don't have anyone you trust huh? Do you want to connect with people?
>>
>>17131407
Well at any rate I can why you feel this way. Family can really fuck you over and they can create the most toxic relationships. I've grown up watching my parents bend over backwards for their family. I hope you can trust in the future. But I digress. What is it that you really want? (I hope that doesn't sound so armchair-pyschologist)
>>
>>17131892
I want to not need to vent with other people. Feeling down creates this immense urge to talk to someone.
>>17131901
I want to be happy, but i don't i think i'll ever be, i know i was happy as a kid but i can't even remember how it feels like...
I can settle with being sad or not being happy, it's this thing right now is too much for me.
>>
>>17132321
>it's this thing right now is too much for me.
right now that* is too much for me.

I'm close to my threshold and if it keeps life that i won't function well. I'm in a point where being sad is an upgrade and i can live with it.
That's a very defeatist attitude but i don't have what it takes to win.
>>
You'll have to find another way to vent, if you don't use people.
Journal could help, just to jot shit down and get it out of your head.
Therapy could also be helpful, just remember that it's their job to listen, so don't feel like they maybe judging you.

Closing yourself off is only a bandage, and will cause more issues later.

You could always try to convert those feels into positive energy, by doing productive stuff. Read, arts, music, study, build something. Do something when you feel those thoughts or need to spill.

You need to vent. If you hold it in without release, well, think of a coke bottle. Stress and feels are the shaking of that bottle. Eventually, if you don't slightly twist the cap or stop the shaking, it will explode. And then everyone is covered in your sticky mess.
>>
>>17132528
Are you depressed?
>>
>>17130770
You could just talk to someone online instead. If they're far away from you and have no relation to anybody else you know, they wouldn't be able to screw you over so you could trust them to a moderate degree.
>>
>>17132543
My plan is to move away from the people i care if my coke meets mentos.
>>17132800
Everytime i read about it people always say you feel numb when depressed, i just feel extremely sad from time to time, tough now it became so common i can say i don't feel sad from time to time.
I wish it was depression to at least know what the problem is. I never saw anyone else with a similar problem; makes sense if they are like me and don't talk about it.
>>17132829
Besides here do you know any place i can talk about it?
I though about those suicide aid stuff but my bigggest problem now isn't the suicidal thoughts; i would take the place of someone whose main problem is suicide.
>>
>>17132987
StI'll I think it would a good idea to meet a pyschologist if you can afford it. I don't know what you're struggling with personally but sadness is a symptom of depression. Again, I'm no pychologist, but if it's affecting you this much, tgen it might be a good idea to seek professional help.

Either way you'll have to find a way to deal with your sadness. This prolly sounds stupid but I used to vent a lot on tumblr when I was younger and I did meet a couple of people willing to listen.

The only way to fix your sadness is to either fix the underlying cause or learn to deal with. However, dealing with your sadness doesn't mean suffering through with it daily but rather accepting it as a part of life and not let it affect you so much. Idk if I'm making any sense

What are you sad about? You can start right here and vent in this thread if you want
>>
Sounds like you need something to distract you to remind you that life doesn't suck as much as it is believed. For me, I just hit up a friend and goof off, or I'll play video games and stream them.

You need to find a healthy outlet.
>>
>>17133081
I never understood tumblr but i'll check it out
>What are you sad about?
Fuck me if i know. I remember when i was a kid crying out of nowhere for my dead grandfather who was dead for about 2 years, i remember after a class of eucharisti trying to cry at the school's playground because i just sad but with no reason; as i grew up the crying was reduced but the sadness grew bigger, this always lasted a week or two with smaller intervals each time.
Maybe i'm cursed, who knows?
>>
>>17130770
>How do i make this need to vent go away?
You don't. You express it here.
That's why this thread >>17131513 exists, for example.

>>17131407
>Family is one of the main reasons i don't trust people. I can't trust my own family so other people aren't an option either.
I'm sorry anon. Similar story here.
Do try to stay positive, though. There are nice people out there, if you're ever lucky enough to befriend one don't hesitate to talk to them about what's on your mind. They won't judge or use it against you.

>>17131292
>How would make this thread more interesting?
By being more specific. If you need to vent, do it!

>>17132321
I know these feels, man. Same shit.

>>17132987
Yes, you're depressed. Not everyone is numb, there's many subtypes of depression and some have no numbness/blunted affect at all. Depression is not a disease, it's a syndrome. Many things cause those symptoms, from common shit like death of a spouse to various defects in the brain that we still don't understand.
That might not help though: I've been to a bunch of shrinks and neither therapy nor any of the medication helped.
And yes there's a lot of others going through the same damn thing.

>>17133194
And you don't think you're depressed?
Those angsty teenage girls on tumblr that whine and cut themselves because their boyfriend dumped them are depressed, but you're not?
They need to see psychiatrists and get therapy and take medication, but you don't?
>>
>>17133257
I know i'm not the only one going through this but i've never seen anyone being vocal about it.
I'll look more into depression, try to find something that fits what i'm feeling.

This is unrelated but family generates such a shitstorm. So much going on right now, thank god i'm not caught into one right now.
>>
>>17133676
Seriously dude consider therapy. It can do you wonders. I would've started therapy earlier if I knew how much it would help.

Also do you want to talk to me? Idk if it's a bad idea if I give out my info on 4chan (prolly is) but I don't mind listening to you.
>>
>>17134259
No, thank you though.
Don't give your info on 4chan, people have bots to spam whatever they can.
>>
>>17130770
This Anon speaks truth >>17133257

I was in depression denial for 3 years. Had no "reason" to be, and therefore refused to do anything about it. Doctor tried sending me to therapy. My uncle killed himself before I was born, and my parents almost got divorced because they thought my dad passed along "depression genes" to the kids.

I really was depressed. I just thought I knew what depression looked like, and didn't think I fit that bill. Nothing traumatic had ever happened to me (nothing terrible, anyway) - I didn't think I really had a "right" to feel disengaged about living life.

Depression happens. It's not your fault. You can't wish it away. You can't drink it away (without severe negative consequences). You can face that motherfucker head on and get some support to work through it, though.
>>
>>17134451
Bots?

Anyway do you have a plan? How about looking into mindfulness meditation? It's very useful for those that suffer from depression and anyone else really
>>
>>17134535
Yeah they read everything to get something that fits what they are looking for (usually e-mail but IDs and other things too)

I have no plan for a treatment
>>17134469
I know it's not my fault but it's very annoying to not be able to have any control over this.
>>
>>17134789
Agree that it's annoying. Group therapy helps a lot. You're definitely not the only one who feels this way. And it gives you an outlet to be with people who understand, even when friends and family don't.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.