[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stopped sleeping at all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: YmOBmx1.jpg (222 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
YmOBmx1.jpg
222 KB, 760x596
Hi, recently, like 3 days ago i stopped feeling sleepy. I don't sleep nearly at all, 15-30 minutes per night at most. I don't feel tired or sleepy, i just feel a little headache from time to time. It didn't cause any quality drop to my job. I'm gonna see doc about this, but what could the problem be?
Also it's not that i CAN'T sleep. I only take the 15 minutes because it would be weird not to sleep at all, but set myself an alarm to wake up soon. I just don't feel the need to sleep.
>>
>>17130699
Go see a doctor. You are either highly drugged or highly ill. In a day or two you will get a heart attack and die.
>>
>>17130707
I don't take drugs.
>>
>>17130713
See a doctor regardless. Your body and mind need the rest sleep affords.
>>
>>17130699
Same here, and I've also had a pretty high fever (around 38°C) for the past 5 days
>>
>>17130796
No fever here
>>
>>17130699
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_familial_insomnia
>>
>>17130699
Do you have any history of depression/mania or display any NEW symptoms like the following?

>feelings of extreme and intense happiness – feeling excessively ‘high'
>increased irritability and aggression
>increased confidence and self-esteem
>a reduced need for sleep
>increased talkativeness and talking very fast
>feeling full of ideas and racing thoughts
>having a lot of energy
>an exaggerated sense of your own importance
>restlessness and difficulty relaxing
>a lack of concentration and being easily distracted
>increased social activity
>risky behaviour, such as going on a spending spree
>increased sexual desire and decreased inhibitions
>poor judgment
>heightened senses – sight, smell or other senses being sharper than usual.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomania
>>
>>17131374
I feel very excited most of the time, feeling filled with energy most of the time. I have constant feeling of "racing thoughts" but I find it positive. I had depression but it was many years ago.
>>
>>17132017
Sounds like a manic period in a bipolar or bipolar-like condition. It's not impossible that you may have become bipolar (once called manic depression).

In any case, you need a doctor. Bodies are not made not to sleep. It will hurt you eventually, and is certainly indicative of a problem.

I'm glad you feel more or less well, and I hope you can enjoy it for as long as possible, but this is certainly not normal or healthy. I've got a couple of bipolar friends, and the condition becomes extremely unpleasant. Along with the exhaustion of too many long "up" periods, all experience very painful lows, and one is more or less psychotic sometimes--bipolar disorder is often comorbid with schizophreniform stuff.
>>
>>17132033
>>17132017
There are three generally 'types' of bipolar disorder. One where the person has mood swings between manic and depressive. One where the person feels depressed most of the time. And one where the person feels manic most of the time. You may have the last one.

Or it may be something else. Are you particularly worried about anything in your life? Do you get enough exercise? Do you consume a lot of caffeine?
>>
>>17132048
I'm not particularly worried about anything. I didn't excersise much lately though. I don't drink coffee.
>>
>>17130699
With the exception of some very rare genetically conditions, going on without sleep for more than a week or two KILLS you, OP. There is actually a certain fungus that spreads on your brain, makes you being able not to feel tiredness, but let's you die of sleep deprivation after a few weeks.

Go see a doc NOW.

As well: Are you sure you do not hallucinate? After 3 or 4 days without sleep most people start getting audiovisual hallucinations. If you do not get them, that is a bad sign.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.