[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have a metal watch >wear it everyday >after just several
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 1450639212735.png (518 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
1450639212735.png
518 KB, 500x720
>have a metal watch
>wear it everyday
>after just several hours my wrist smells like cheese

I tried washing both my wrist and the watch but it's pointless because the smell comes back in just a little bit.

What do I do?
>>
>>17130675
This happens with a lot of watches, especially cheaper ones. (I think it's some kind of reaction between skin and cheap stainless steel.)

You could try a different strap. A NATO or ZULU strap puts fabric between the watch and your wrist and might help.
>>
File: amazing!.jpg (584 KB, 1791x1868) Image search: [Google]
amazing!.jpg
584 KB, 1791x1868
>>17130675
mineral salts. pic related is the best i've found. i have an apple watch i wear even while i sleep and this works for me. i also use it instead of antiperspirant and on my feet when i think they might smell.

works wonders. you're welcome.
>>
>>17131413
>>17130675
this, also loosen the band a bit, don't wear it so tight so your skin can breath.
you can also take the band off and paint it with clear nailpolish if its a reaction to the metal. thats what chicks do with cheap jewelry that turns their skin green.
>>
Spray the side that contacts your skin with hair spray or some other sealant. It will eventually rub off, but it eliminates the reaction while it's there.
>>
File: faeprincess.png (551 KB, 443x571) Image search: [Google]
faeprincess.png
551 KB, 443x571
>>17131428
should add that the reason this works is that the salts create an environment noncunducive to bacterial growth.

wet the stone and rub it liberally all over your wrist after every shower. problem solved.
>>
>>17131437
Can recommend the nail polish. It stopped my rash from my $7 casio
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.