[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everybody's ignoring me. It's making me so goddamn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: ronery.jpg (35 KB, 720x472) Image search: [Google]
ronery.jpg
35 KB, 720x472
Everybody's ignoring me. It's making me so goddamn depressed. I can handle it and perhaps even understand if it's one person shutting me out, but it's literally everybody I trust or even remotely a friend. They don't even have connections to each other, so it's not a group thing.
None of them ever initiate anything, whether it's plans or talks. One person started pretending I was a stranger after a year of close contact. Another went full snark towards anything I say, only to ignore further responses. A third person didn't even bother with that, ghosting me entirely. And so on and so on.

I'm not an extrovert person, but even I get lonely and in need of contact sometimes. Yet here I am, with a reasonably sized social circle that went to zero overnight. And it's been going on for a while now, so it doesn't seem to be them just being busy.

I tried asking them if something's up. Told one girl friend she seemed quiet lately and brought up some other topic along with it (dumb mistake) because it felt unnatural to say. She gave some shit non-response to that topic and ignored the other thing entirely.
Asked another friend outright if something's up. Got nothing more than "I'm busy and tired" and apparently it's been that way for half a year now because nothing has changed for that long.

What's the matter with me, /adv/? Why do all these people hate me? I know it's a melodramatic thing to say and I'll probably regret it after hitting Submit, but being blown off for the few dozenth time in a short period by another person I thought could actually put up with me hasn't exactly put me in a rational state of mind and I'm anonymous anyway. Why do friends just fucking ignore each other like that? What hints was the other person supposed to get, if any?
>>
Fuck you too, /adv9k/.
>>
It could be that they're just shitty and getting self absorbed/less social, it could be that you've gotten more annoying/needy lately or bring around a bad vibe, or maybe it's just one big coincidence. Can't really say.
>>
It seems like the only common factor here is you.
I don't know you, but I would suggest being critical with yourself and your behavior.
Try being more optomistic, I used to be a debby downer and nearly lost all my friends because I couldn't look in the mirror and see I was a miserable prick.
Not saying you're a prick mate, but a little self awareness goes a long way.
>>
Sounds to me like you need to get some new friends.
>>
>>17130561
Ignore this.
>>
you sound needy. even if they're your friends, people got shit going on they need to handle and you feeling lonely at the moment doesn't make the list of "important stuff to take care of". the more pushy you are, the more annoying you become and the more likely you are to set yourself up to feel like this.

be friends with people that hit you up as much as you hit them up. don't be the one to always initiate a hang out. if someone doesn't talk to you for a while, drop them a text. if you get cold fished then take that as no reason to put effort into that relationship. they might hit you up down the line.

you're spazzing out and it's not going to make people want to be around you.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.