[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become a storyteller/ voice actor? I've had a large
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: guy-fawkes2.jpg (9 KB, 259x288) Image search: [Google]
guy-fawkes2.jpg
9 KB, 259x288
How do I become a storyteller/ voice actor?
I've had a large interest with this for a while, things such as Creepy Pastas had caught my attention, but I really don't know how to start.
>>
>>17130339
Go on YouTube, make social media, tell stories that are yours or give proper credit (get permission) from the owner.

Post a vocaroo and I will give you an honest opinion on whether you should do this, just read my post if you can't think of something to say.
>>
Thank you! I'll try to get around doing that.
>>
>>17130339

If you want to do it seriously you kinda need to work it full time and move to a film production center like Atlanta.

Studios don't like to fart around with part timers, and you'll want a professionally edited portfolio of samples and to be available for recording in a legitimate studio on short notice.
>>
I don't live in the U.S
>>
>>17130339
Strech your words out, don't talk fast, enunciate every syllable, and don't be monotone, also practice,record memos until you are ready and can keep a consistent pace

Best of luck anon
>>
>>17130339

Let me guess you just find out of Dross videos and you want to do what he does?
>>
>>17130339
Practice vocal range, doing impressions of people is a great start, as is singing.
>>
>>17130339

>how do i become a storyteller / voice actor

if you mean in a serious sense, thers more steps, but if you are pursuing indie at first, you simply act and read.

in the case of creepypastas, just get a whole bunch and start narrating. aim to be like kingspook or creepsmcpasta, who actually put effort into their acting, as opposed to bebusta or lazy masquerade who will say the darkest shit with complete monotony, or worse, even read the sarcastic lines dry.

also consider joining the voice acting alliance forum. lots of work gets done there. fandubs and originals.

do as many original projects as you can. apply for any project that looks promising regardless of if you like the source material.

that being siad, avoid projects, espeically dubs, that are from young people (under 15) and those who never have any experience or previous projects, or anyone who claims they are going to do something crazy like 'dub all 200 episodes of sailor moon!!1!'
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.