[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/, I've recently been admitted into a mental hospital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: mh.jpg (60 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
mh.jpg
60 KB, 600x450
Hi /adv/,

I've recently been admitted into a mental hospital and I'm kind of lost when it comes to the do's and don'ts that apply in such institutions. I'd also like some general advice on how to make my stay as pleasant as possible.

I'll gladly answer any questions you might have (as long as it doesn't endager me or my loved ones).

Many thanks in advance !
>>
>>17130179
The only advice i have is to be chill and talk with people normal.

Why did you get admitted?
>>
>>17130200
Lately I've been experiencing bouts of depersonilazation/erratic behavior/paranoia which eventually pushed me far enough as to threaten loved ones. Therefore I decided to turn myself in before I could do any harm to anyone.

Thanks for the advice, I've actually actively been trying to do so, but sometimes this shit just kicks in without asking for permission first.
>>
>>17130179
My brother's been in a mental hospital, and my advice would be not to make things difficult for the staff.

Take your meds on time and in the prescribed dose, and don't make the staff have to restrain you, and they'll make your stay comfortable. They're human and you're human, and the facility isn't intended to be something like a prison. It's a hospital with more security, essentially.
>>
>>17130179
Get the fuck out of there as soon as possible, you're in danger
>>
>>17130242
Yeah I figured that would just make things unnecessarily difficult for everyone. Thanks for the sound advice though.

It's just that sometimes I have no control over myself and my actions, so I guess I'll just have to make that abundantly clear to them.

>>17130244
Nice try buddy
>>
>>17130219
Good on you for realizing you needed help and getting it! Many people never do that so good for you. I recommend being honest and letting those people know you can't control your actions at all times they're medical professionals they understand
>>
>>17130346
Thanks man, I'll make sure I do that in time.
>>
Leave as soon as you possibly can.
Those places are not for getting better, they're for containing the crazy. I spent two days in one voluntarily after a suicide attempt and it's made me decide I won't ever reach out for help again, and that I'm going to be fucking sure I do it right next time because I never want to be forced to stay in one of those.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.