[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need to find job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1462852185242.jpg (52 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1462852185242.jpg
52 KB, 380x380
I’m 18 and on May 24 I will have been out of high school for a year. College has finished up and I’m taking off the summer (because I’m to retarded to take summer accelerated courses). I have never had a job before so whenever I apply at places the issue of me not having any experience always comes up. On May 24 it will be summer for all the highschoolers in my city and the job market will be filled up with more kids with the exact same qualifications as I have.
My parents won’t get off my ass about how I need a job and I’m starting to get desperate.
What should I do?
>>
>>17129890
Find a job online visit your state website for jobs go to a career center, ask your school about student jobs or something, visit fastfood restaurant websites apply online and retail stores, visit them and ask about human resource number make a resume and reference letter, volunteer don't quit...you can make it...hopefully!
>>
>>17129890
do you have any friends who can pull you in into their jobs?
>>
>>17130266
Tried that... no luck.
>>
As a last resort, try places with high turnover.(call centers, pizza delivery, warehouses) They need people because the job sucks. But it's experience.
>>
>>17130787
>They need people because the job sucks.

That's not always the case. Sometimes they want only temporary workers.
>>
>>17131622
That shouldn't be an issue if you plan on quitting once school starts again.

Are you looking for full-time work while in school?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.