[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Something wrong with Tinder? Average dude here. I had tinder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: tinder.jpg (25 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
tinder.jpg
25 KB, 1252x1252
Something wrong with Tinder?

Average dude here. I had tinder last year and had alot of matches. I recently reinstalled the app and I use the same pics and bio but I havent had any matches after a week. So maybe there is some sort of technical issue?

What was weird was it was set up as my own sex "female" when I reinstalled it, in the profile editor. Then I put it to my own sex as "male" and I set it up that it shows "females".

I swiped alot of girls but no luck yet, while last year I had like 20 the first day and 100 after a year.

And yes the though I am just unattractive has crossed my mind, but like I said, last year I had hundreds of matches with the same name, age, pics and bio
>>
>>17129019
I mean last year 100 after a week* not a year
>>
>>17129022
I mean, I can accept it and i'm fine with not being so lucky as last year.

But I have an absolute of 0 after a week so i'm really confused. I should've at least had some fat chicks or girls I accidentally superliked. At least that was my experience.

I'm honestly thinking that it's some sort of technical issue since last year everythign was entirely different. I could accept less matches, but an absolute of 0 is just almost unrealistic.

Does anyone know?
>>
Oh great, my facebook sex was set to 'female' for some reason

could this have to do with anything?
>>
>>17129061
bump

plz can anyone give me some imput here? I hate fucking facebook and dont understand shit of it.

- Why did it suddenly put all my privacy settings to public?
- Why did it change my sex to female?
- Could this be the reason I dont have any matches?
- How come in tinder my sex showed up as male but on facebook it was female?

thanks
>>
>>17129074
Considering you have managed to hold a discussion with yourself here for this long sounds like you just have autism.
>>
>>17129088
im adding information

do you have any idea?
>>
>>17129074
bump
>>
Holy shit, you are as lonely in your thread as you are in RL. But you stated your problem already: you put the info you used last year.
Dating is a game,especially on Tinder and your game didn't improve any in 365 days. Sucks to be you.
>>
jesus christ can anyone fucking explain facebook to me already?

i fucking hate that i need this shit to get laid

cant even get laid without facebook

fuck these fucking jews

i need that shit for tinder but i dont fucking want anyone to find me

why did it change my privacy settings to public?
>>
>>17129099
I had success last year but im single so I need to reinstall tinder so I can get laid again. i havent had sex in almost 3 fucking weeks

But im having trouble setting this shit up

the technical shit confuses me

- Why did facebook put all my settings to public?
- Why did facebook change my sex to female?

I just wanna setup tinder like I did last year but some shit isnt working.
>>
>>17129099
this post doesnt make any sense btw.

>literally same profile
>100 matches
>literally same profile
>0 matches

that must mean a technical glitch right? The odds that suddenly i got 0 matches, not even a fat one are astronomical.

I logged in to facebook and suddenly all my privacy settings were set to public, i checked my sex and it was set to female.

So this must be some sort of weird technical glitch.

The odds of not getting a single match with the same exact fucking profile after a week are astronomical low. Even if I was fucking fat and ugly I would still have at least 1 match.

So an absolute 0 can only mean some sort of technical issue if you think about the weird facebook bug, or issues, or maybe its normal that facebook changes your profile to public or something, fuck do I know I dont even use fucking facebook because of these exact fucking reasons. it fucks your privacy hard
>>
>>17129120
Like honestly, i hope a fat landwhale matches me and tells me "boy you are ugly and unattractive".

At least then I know my profile shows up. But im sure it doesnt show up for some reason because jewbook is being a jew, i dont understand shit of facebook
>>
>>17129107
I use a Fake FB voor tinder and such
Don't know about the rest.
But you sound a bit pothetic
You need FB to get laid??
They have this thinks that called Bars and clubs maybe check them out???
If you don't look like a queer no one care what sex you have on FB.
I have got laid why moar by meeting people in RL
>>
>>17129134
No I need tinder to get laid

and for tinder you need facebook

and for some reason, my facebook is all fucked up, or was fucked up.

It put all my privacy settings to public and it changed my sex to female

So im guessing this could be the reason I suddenly get 0 matches after a week with the literal same exact profile that got 100 matches after a week.

I care about my privacy so I fucking hate facebook but i also dont understand shit of it so i'm hoping anyone here could explain to me what could be wrong because this technical shit is over my head

thanks all for putting up with me, im just frustrated
>>
>>17129134
>>17129140
Oh and I dont have a facebook like normies do, i just have it so I can use tinder. I used to have only my firstname and a fake lastname, but it suddenly put all my settings to public.

When I logged in to facebook to see if I could find the problem why my profile didnt show up I had a list of people I know in real life. And I have no idea how facebook could know this.

So i'm pretty fucking annoyed and scared. Since I just had facebook so I could use tinder, but suddenly facebook went behind my back and actually knows who I know in real life and I have no fucking idea how they know this.

Im afraid other people I know can see my fake facebook I use for tinder and I do not want that.

Basicly: i just want a fake facebook so I can use tinder, like I had last year. But now I have a fake facebook but tinder doesnt show my profile to girls for some reason. So im confused and annoyed
>>
>>17129126
Try to catfish someone just to know it's working
>>
>>17129163
catfish how? m not smart with this technical shit

im just wondering why my profile isnt showing up for others,

I feel like fb having set my sex to 'female' must be the reason.
>>
>>17129172
it was very weird, when i logged into facebook i saw it being set to female. Eventhough in tinder it was set to male. I have now changed my sex in facebook to male but im not sure if this was enough and solved the problem of my profile not showing up for females
>>
I don't know the answer to most of your questions, OP, but let me help you out with a few points.

Sometimes facebook changes your privacy settings, you need to watch out for that yourself, because they won't always tell you. You could google to see if this has happened while you were away from Tinder.

Sometimes accounts on facebook get hacked, this couldve happened to you, and the hackers might have changed you settings.

--Just to clarify, are you saying that all your posts and images etc are now public, or just that you appear in searches and your profile picture is public?--

When people sign up for Tinder, the algorythm allows for more matches early on, so that you get hooked. This was clearly evidenced in my case, where I could sign in and match with at least one of the first three girls that came up. This was actually quite nifty, since I could sign out and in again, and start the thing over again, matching more often that if I just stayed logged in. Tinder would show you girls who'd already swiped right on you more often than not.

After a while you simply run out of girls who's either swiped you already, or you just haven't appeared in their feed yet, since more and more people got Tinder, so there's more to swipe through on both ends. This is evidenced by how I swiped one of my lovers in November last year, and I didn't match with her until I appeared in her feed in mid-January. We kind both swiped each other as a half-joke, since we don't need Tinder to fuck each other, but this at least shows that it can take months inbetween you show up in each other's feed.
In addition, not all people are on Tinder regularly, so you might swipe someone, and they might not use tinder for ages, even if they're signed in and show up in your feed.

Also, Tinder isn't the only app for this, maybe something new has catched on since last year, and a lot of the girls you swipe prioritize something else.
>>
>>17129180
This could be the reason, yes. Try and delete your tinder-account. Google the best way to do this, because it's not enough to uninstall the app, I'm sure. Afterwards, make sure you facebook settings are in order, and then install tinder again. it should import the right settings.
>>
I'm pretty sure you have to delete your profile. Uninstalling the app still keeps the same profile. I used it in between girlfriends 3 times. First was when it just came out and you could just swipe as many times, then there was a limit to swipes and now it's as if every girl is a bot
>>
>>17129216
tfw I don't even match with obvious bots anymore.
>>
>>17129183
>Sometimes facebook changes your privacy settings, you need to watch out for that yourself, because they won't always tell you. You could google to see if this has happened while you were away from Tinder.

How is that even legal? Seriously fuck facebook.

I doubt I got hacked. I dont have or didnt have anything on it. Just my first name and some pictures.

It scared the shit out of me facebook knows who I know. Maybe because they went through my phonebook? Or through other peoples who have my phonenumber phone?

I wish I couldnt use a phonenumber but tinder requires one. I should have had a burner for this shit. But i guess the damage is already done.

I just want tinder to work and I dont want people to find my real info on facebook or even find my facebook at all.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for your reply

>>17129191
Thanks, i guess im going to try this.

So just remove account in tinder, then delete the app itself and then redownload the app and make a new account with the facebook which has the correct settings?

>>17129216
yeah i did delete my profile and then made a new one, but few days later when I logged into facebook I saw facebook changed my sex to female. So that maybe explains why nobody saw me.

Guess im deleting my profile once more and then reinstalling the app.

Facebook should be in order now right? Or are they gonna put my privacy settings to public again or are they gonna change my sex to female again for no reason? So fucking weird. I also hate how they show the people I know in real life, because if I can see them, they can see my fake profile
>>
>>17129172
You can't be this retarded???
Maybe you should not reproduse
>>
>>17129231
Thanks for the advice but I would appreciate it more if you could explain it to me because I say i dont know much about the technical stuff
>>
>>17129233
You delete all your tinder pics and than you upload some pics of a dude that looks good
>>
>>17129242
i think im average to ok looking

last year i got 100 matches within a week, a total of 300 matches in the time i have used it

look i get what you're saying. Of course it crossed my mind.

>Maybe i'm just ugly

i get it honestly, but that doesnt explain why I had 100 matches within a week with the exact same profile and pics and now 0

so i just think the changing sex to female must have been the cause of the issue
>>
>>17129233
catfishing isn't a technical term, it's a hooking-term.
>>
>>17129264
ok well i remade my account and will see if people match with me legitimately

if i dont get matches now, i know the problem lays with me. But i wouldnt know why though since the same accoutn with the same pics and bio had hundreds of matches one year ago
>>
>>17129278
>i know the problem lays with me.

Didn't you listen? I told you several reasons why matches could happen more rarely. It could be how girls use the app, it could be that it'll take months until you appear in the feed of the girls you already swiped. It's not their fault, it's not that no girls necessarily won't find you rightswipeworthy, it's how Tinder distribute potential matches both ways. There could be hundreds of girls who've already swiped you right on their end, sitting around dissapointed over you not having swiped them yet. They could appear later today, or during summer. It's been a week dude, chill. I'm above average looking, and I rarely get matches, and I've never had as many as 100. Been using it for two years. There could be a lot of reasons for this. I've experimentet with a lot of diffferent styles of photos and bios, some work better than other.

Post your bio, and we can give you our two cents.
>>
>>17129291
yeah i know i could give it time, but like i said its been a week and i still had 0.

Last year I had 20 matches within the first 12 hours, 100 matches after a week.

Me now having any matches at all now after a week just rang some sort of alarm bell, so i checked my facebook and it turned out it changed my gender for whatever reason that may be.

And i appreciate all your help, but i rather not post my bio or pics here. I do however showed a female friend of mine and she helped me with some imput. But yeah, not getting any matches with the same info just was weird.

I guess I know more 24 hours from now. I hope I get at least 1 like last year
>>
File: go back to tumblr.png (310 KB, 717x585) Image search: [Google]
go back to tumblr.png
310 KB, 717x585
just a friendly reminder that tinder is degenerate.
>>
>>17129248
Can you believe this guy?????
That is not what I meant retard. It's just to check if your account is working
>>
>>17129306
ok well i do not mind

i am in the need of female companionship and im too scared to just walk up to women and clubs and bars are even more degenerate

i had luck on tinder so i want to experience that again since it works for me
>>
>>17129310
yes i know what you mean but im trying this now first

thanks for your imput
>>
File: pepe gold n' diamonds.png (1 MB, 680x850) Image search: [Google]
pepe gold n' diamonds.png
1 MB, 680x850
>>17129314
match.com?
>>
>>17129300
Same guy. Look here senpai, you really need to stop repeating yourself. I've written the same stuff about changing gender, not getting matches after a week, having 100 after one week last year, I get it. I feel like I've read this entire thread four times.

I really hope your text-game is better than what you've displayed here, dude.

Also, how old are you? You sound really young and impatient. You haven't had sex in 3 weeks? How long have you been sexually active, and how long was you longest dryspell?
>>
>>17129314
I meant read, not written

>>17129324
You're too scared to walk up to girls, but you're fine with meeting up just to fuck? I find that really strange. How many of your +100 matches have you actually met, and out of those, how many have you fucked, and out of those how many have you fucked more than once?
>>
>>17129323
im not english

>>17129324
my longest dryspell was 3 years

yes im a bit retarded i know but tinder works for me and i can be confident and actually meet up with people on there, but its just that i dont have any matches there

idk how to explain, its easier for me on tinder because i at least know there is mutual attraction so it makes it easier for me to netflix and chill
>>
>>17129330
you quote not me but i think you mean to quote me

i have only met and fucked 1 but i did 20 times or something

i know its not much but at least i got more than i had before that so i would like to try tinder again

if my profile shows up for others that is
>>
>>17129019
Working fine for me. 4 matches today.
Maybe you've turned into a massive faggot?
>>
>>17129343
yes that was the first thing that crossed my mind

but like I said multiple times and still need to say for some reason

SAME FUCKING PIC, SAME FUCKING BIO, SAME FUCKING NAME
>>
I honestly think 19/20 girls are fake/spam.

Even profiles that look real, they probably aren't. I've seen many girls with the exact same profile descriptions. Word for word.
>>
>>17129388
depends on country or area maybe
>>
>>17129388
In addition it's quite common to put snapchat or instagram name in bio, at least in my country, and more often than not the tinder screen name and insta/snap name don't match, and when I check Instagram it's usually not the same girl.

I got five matches on tinder I'm talking to right now, but I'm really only interested in two of them, one is a maybe, the two others I keep for emergencies. This means there's no way I'm going to rely on tinder for my next hookup. I'm a slow burner though. Only at the three months dryspell mark do I start to get annoyed. Three weeks also hit the spot, but if it doesn't happen, it'll pass.

Just find something better to do than worry about lack of sex. Browse the /adv catalog. You'll realise you're better off than most.
>>
File: image.png (739 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
739 KB, 640x1136
>>17129407

I live near Washington DC. Every match ive gotten was fake. and just going through profiles, you can just tell

I guarantee this bitch is fake
>>
>>17129088
Hahahahahahaha

No wonder you can't get matches!
>>
>>17129437
it's not nice to laugh at someone like that
>>
That feel when I get loads of matches and they write to me first but I don't know how to get sex out of it
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x860) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x860
OkCupid isn't any better... Fresh OC
>>
>>17129549
Haha too bad that's not going to work out for you. I tip my sixpence, Mr Plinkett
>>
>11 posters
>52 posts
>OP: 35-40 posts

what a thread
>>
>>17129549
Wow. What an asshole match made in heaven
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.