[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, need some critical opinions How do I improve this resume?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Resume 4chan-page-001.jpg (201 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
Resume 4chan-page-001.jpg
201 KB, 1240x1754
Hey guys, need some critical opinions
How do I improve this resume?
Telll me wat you think, no matter how harsh.
Bonus points for recommandations
>>
remove the hobbies. everything else looks great op
>>
>>17128618
Okay. No need to describe myself a bit? Also, is no picture a problem?
>>
>>17128627
>is no picture a problem?
yes you need to attach an 8x10 glossy
>>
>>17128618
Hobbies show that you're a well-rounded person.
>>
>>17128633
Not all hobbies do, like an entire section for video games. In the above example, the hobbies section only detracts from the quality of the paper
>>
>>17128633
>>17128638
So, a "Strengths" section with traits (using hobbies as example) + languages?
>>
>>17128638
I agree that listing individual video games etc. isn't helpful, but it's worth mentioning hobbies
>>
>>17128643
No, you have a 'skills' section in which to list things like languages, preferably at the top. Hobbies and interests is its own section. Also swap work history and education around, and focus more on role description and responsibilities for the work experience, rather than saying what hours you worked. For your education section, actually say what qualifications you have/are working towards. Also change the 2018 to 'present' and if you think it's necessary, list 2018 as a tentative graduation date in the description.
>>
>>17128653
Thanks for the solid /adv/ice
>>
I'm not sure if this is a troll or not. Why would you list individual video games on your CV as hobbies?

Anyway, it's terrible. You need to write a real CV.

Firstly it needs to be catered towards whatever career you are going for. At the moment you have a degree from a business school, experience with cleaning, agriculture, video games, and retail.

Pick something and then cater everything to do that. If you want to work at a supermarket you draw out what is relevant from your experience to that. You have experience working with food and cleaning: those relate well to a career in retail but you need to spell it out.
"morning team" means nothing. What you actually did was work in a team to make sure a premise was consistently cleaned to a high standard with the experience of the people that used the premises in mind.

The person reading the CV doesn't know what you've done in the past because you've been a cleaner and you are trying to do the work for them. This is you selling yourself.

Everything needs to be written up properly and your education needs to mention what the fuck you studied and what your qualifications are.

http://www.dayjob.com/downloads/CV_examples/account_manager_CV_template.pdf

Read this for a good example. Notice how they haven't listed they did morning shifts?

Typically work experience comes first then education. You can completely cut the shit about hobbies. Adults don't put their hobbies on a CV. When it comes to languages are A1 and C1 well known measurement where you are? I have no fucking clue what they mean.
>>
I would only keep the video game stuff if you are looking for a job in the gaming industry.
>>
>>17128692
You know that there's a difference between resumes and CVs, right?
>>
>>17128698

That's quite interesting. In the UK (and apparently most anglo countries) there isn't really a difference between a CV and a resume. In fact the word 'resume' isn't really used at all so I've never thought that they might be different things.

Not that it really matters much. Everything I said is still relevant. Perhaps you'd have hobbies on a longer document, but certainly not if they weren't relevant to the job at hand.
>>
>>17128697
I am actually. Looking for an internship in QA or marketing
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.