[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/visers Have any of you guys asked for a reference letter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: asa.jpg (640 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
asa.jpg
640 KB, 1000x1000
Hi /adv/visers
Have any of you guys asked for a reference letter from your professor?
Honestly if I could I would personally ask my professor but the campus is like a 2 hour flight away and I'm home for the month. Stupid thing is I lost her email address but I do have her on Facebook. Is it too rude to just message her on facebook and ask for a reference?
>>
i don't care about your shitty post i just want to say gud taste in music senpai
>>
I'll send the message anon. explaining exactly what you wrote here
>>
Look for her email on the college website. It should have her contact information
>>
>>17127977
I've spent an hour looking for it. Its stupid but they don't have any contact details on the website.
I do have another lecturer's email but she taught me history but I'm majoring in engineering. Would that be weird?
The 1st lecturer taught physics so I thought It would be more relevant
>>
It would be seen as unprofessional. Though, if you are still her student, it could be understandable. Ask, what have you got to lose?
>>
>>17128025
Well she was the one who added me on FB so...
>>
>>17128013
Look to see if there's a staff directory. They might put all the contact details in one section of the website.

That said, if you're familiar enough with her to add her on Facebook, I think you should be sweet to ask her through that
>>
cosmogramma is gay
>>
>>17127969
Professor (not yours) writing here.

Ask for the reference, but give her all the help you can.

First of all, go to the university website, her department and the faculty list or her own page, to get her office email address.

Write something like this:

Dear Professor X
I'm writing to ask for a letter of reference for grad school. Just to remind you, I was in your Shakespeare class in Fall 2015. I got an A in the course, and As on all the tests and papers except for an A- on the midterm. You may remember my paper on the Catholic elements in Hamlet, in which I argued that . . . . You commented that . . . . .I can send you a copy if you wish, and also the official forms for the letter, which is to go to [address] I will understand if you feel you don't remember enough to be able to do this, but will very much appreciate if you can.

(The point of that stuff about the papers and grades is that the best letters get specific. We hate to not remember a student and be unable to say more than "He was in my class and got an A.")
>>
>>17127969
Just do it via FB.
What difference does it make?
They added you on there to keep in touch.
>>
>>17128385
Does it matter which professor I get my reference from? I can get one from a professor I was really close with but he only taught me early calculus
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.