[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am my worst critic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: mpc.png (53 KB, 184x126) Image search: [Google]
mpc.png
53 KB, 184x126
I'm a aspiring producer. I fell in love with my music when I was really young and now I want to pursue my passion as a career but I am always so nervous to put my stuff out there. When I'm making my music I feel amazing but after I'm done, I hate the song I just made, and when I muster the confidence to put my music on there, I just want to take it down and give up. I don't know why I feel like this even though people say they like my music. Do you guys know how I can stop being so hard on myself?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwfhH8yDZQo
>>
File: CopyShrug-Dot-Com_1024x1024.jpg (37 KB, 1024x370) Image search: [Google]
CopyShrug-Dot-Com_1024x1024.jpg
37 KB, 1024x370
>>17127799
>i'm an aspiring _____
>do you guys know how I can stop being so hard on myself
so you haven't done anything worthwhile and have motivation issues, got it.

you're never going to make it. Give up now.
>>
try posting your stuff to a website anonymously. if you get good feedback, maybe start giving your own name credit, but it can be more comfortable until then to use an alias
>>
>>17127799

>Do you guys know how I can stop being so hard on myself?

Producerfag here.

If you aspire to get noticed for your music you have to stomach rejection. You're gonna get a lot of it. My first soundcloud didn't top out 200 followers in the two years it first started and now, 5 years later, my second project has somewhere around 200k.

I submitted my shit to multiple labels, collectives, compilations etc., uploaded demos, asked other producers to put in good words for me blah blah blah and for the most part it was a big ZILCH until I started hitting my stride.

I sold drugs for 2 years just to keep buying gear for my studio. I never left my house because my apartment was in a terrible neighborhood and I was terrified all my equipment would get jacked.

My first tour I was just an opening act to someone not that much bigger than me and half the crowd didn't even show up until my set was over. I slept in my car, brushed my teeth in a walmart parking lot and ate 99 cent loaves of bread in the only outfit I brought with me hoping I could make it back to my home state in time to show up to my shitty job on monday morning.

My third tour was the first one where I could actually afford hotel rooms.

Things are better now but my point is starting out sucks, its hard, its depressing. The only way you'll be able to tell if you're really cut out is if you keep getting crushed but you keep getting back up. If you love music it will show in your productions. Keep being hard on yourself. Keep not being satisfied. Keep pushing yourself.

If you want to give up on music people will hear it in your production, feel it at your shows and read it on your social media. It permeates everything. If you want something, decide you want it and don't stop. No one is going to bother listening to your shit if you aren't passionate about it.

Even if you never get notoriety you'll at least still be dedicated to doing something you love. Not a lot of people get that. Good luck.
>>
>>17127812
>>17127835
>>17127849

Thank you anons
>>
>>17127799
Every artist in every field and art form ever has felt like that. The actual product is never quite what you saw or heard in your mind. You have to find a level of "close enough" you can live with, and then try to get the next one even closer.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.