[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i become a better stand-up comedian? i've been at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1453154166786.jpg (108 KB, 624x349) Image search: [Google]
1453154166786.jpg
108 KB, 624x349
how do i become a better stand-up comedian? i've been at it four years and i still seem to be in the same place
>>
bump. any one?
>>
>>17127645
Whatever you do always give 100%. Unless you're donating blood.
>>
try to analyze your audience, try and make jokes on new stuff(for example: politics are raging right now, and the internet is making jokes on it, try and work like that :D)
>>
Pinpoint what parts of your act people enjoy the most, expand on those and cut away the rest. A lot of comedians found success picking up a gimmick. Angry (Lewis Black), Racial issues (Chris Rock), Life stories and inner thoughts (Louis C.K.), Props (Carrot Top), Political correctness (Bill Maher), etc. You should tap into common feelings people have like the comics above did.
>>
>>17127905
that was pretty good

>>17127913
>>17127920
5-star posts, gentlepeople
>>
>>17127645
You either have the creativity or you don't.
>>
>>17127913
Topical comedy is basicbitch. Good comedians share themselves. >>17127920 Lewis Black is legitamately angry, Louis CK is legitimately a pussy, Chris Rock is black. You have to be yourself. Personally I connect most with Bill Burr and Marc Maron.
>>
>>17127997
how do i live more? how do i stop being bitter about guys and girls younger than me doing it so much better?
>>
>>17128006
You can't learn their creativity. I do it and I'm going to film school. I was better than more than half the people at my sevond open mic. Hang out with funnier people who challenge you to one up each other. Work on Yes-Anding your friends jokes. If a funny idea is proposed try to take it a step further. George Carlin used to smoke some weed then expand his jokes. He called it punch up time. And take note of your life. Post people don't see the absurdities of life. I have a bit about how when I lost my virginity the chick cried. I punched that up with the fact that I dicked a hole in the side of my fleshlight "which was a gift from one man to another" so it made me wonder "did I dick a hole in her?" but it turned out that she thought I was playing her for sex and was worried I would dump her now "she got me and my ego off, I fucked her pussy and her mind"
>>
>>17128006
Don't ask me, I'm emotionally constipated. I haven't given a shit in days.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.