[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me, 5'9.5" manlet >thought I was 5'11"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 511.png (180 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
511.png
180 KB, 500x661
>be me, 5'9.5" manlet
>thought I was 5'11" and told people such, no one ever doubted me
>went to doctor, measured my height and shattered my dreams
>self-home measurements confirm
>yet, two people have even said that they thought I was 6-foot

What could be the cause of this? How to perpetuate this? I do sometimes wear shoes that make me taller (Doc Martens, boots) but never because I wanted to seem taller.
>>
Uh because people suck at guessing height? Stop worrying about this shit so much
>>
File: image-230r.png (958 KB, 833x1201) Image search: [Google]
image-230r.png
958 KB, 833x1201
>>17127607
Shoes can add an inch to two inches. If you comb your hair high it can add 3-4 inches. A 5'6" human can turn into a 6 foot human with little effort.
>>
Hands down you have good posture. A lot
of people above a certain height and/or insecure people unconsciously slouch, so 6 foot tall insecure guy will seem shorter than he is.

You're golden OP, don't let it get to you that some ruler told you some numbers, it's all in your body language.
>>
>>17127607
How is 5'9" manlet.Does OP live in the basketball universe or some shit?Also stop worrying about a few fckin inches of height dude
>>
Im in the same boat as OP. Its just people cant perceive height. Also good posture will make people think you're taller, so back straight.
>>
>>17127622
This.
I'm 5'8 and have no problem saying it, but I could just as easily tell people I'm 5'11 and nobody would question it.

The only people who would dispute that are people who are really anal about their own height and would say shit like NO BECAUSE IM TALLER THAN YOU AND I'M ONLY 5'9
>>
>>17127925
lol this. I am 5'8" and people have assumed I was 6'. It shattered their worlds when I told them I was 5'8" because they were shorter than me and thought they were like 5'10".

This was back in college. No one cares about this shit once you aren't a child anymore.
>>
>>17127607

You're a moron
>>
co-worker says hes 6'2" but during measurements was validated he is 5'10"
Who lies about that shit?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.