[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever since my last breakup all I've wanted to go out and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download (12).jpg (6 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
6 KB, 225x224
Ever since my last breakup all I've wanted to go out and live life to it's fullest. But no matter how hard I try I can't put myself out there.

I was in a relationship for almost the entirety of my first year of college. The entire time I couldn't help but feel I was missing out on life. Once we broke up all I wanted to do is meet new people, go to parties, try new thing. Just live and have fun.

However being in a relationship basically locked me up socially (she was honestly crazy), I realized I've made like 2 new friends since school started and I just.... didn't know how to make more. All the people in my life just kinda came into it naturally. Sure I could just keep doing that, but I'm so damn tired of just sitting around waiting for things to happen.

I get so nervous around new people, especially women. I can't even bring myself to approach them. I instantly assume everyone around me thinks they're too good for me, because I can just feel it in the air (as stupid as that sounds).

Whats going on with me, it seems to come to easily to everyone else, it can't be normal
>>
Two friends in a year is pretty good. Unless you're one of those people who want a large number of 'friends'
>>
>>17127579
No, that's completely normal. Most people feel like that. It's only abnormal if you're so held back by your fears that you can't socialize with anyone, but you clearly don't have that problem since you have friends and had a gf.

Take solace in the fact that you truly are a normalfaggot.
>>
>>17127579
I have no clue if it's normal or not but I will definitely be your friend. Also, I fell the same about women. Either I just naturally become their friends or I don't even put forth effort. It's hard man. And omfg my parents are always saying "Caleb, you can make friends with just about anyone" of course I can't make friends by going out of my way because heaven forbid I make a friend without it being natural. Do you have a steam? I'd be down to chat.
>>
>>17127586
It's just that whenever I get together with friends I haven't seen in a while we tell stories about shit that's happened since we last saw each other (you know, like what normal people do).

It just seems like everyone has these crazy stories about "yo I met this one guy at a party and we went off and did this crazy fun thing" and I have nothing, no crazy experiences, no interesting stories to tell, I just feel insanely boring when compared to everyone else.

Not that making myself more interesting is my main motivation behind it, it's mostly just doing these things just sounds like an insanely good time
>>
>>17127596
zman419232

Don't ask about the username, it's something I made for adventure quest when I was like 10 and I used it ever since.

>>17127592
I'm sick of the rut I'm in, I want to go out and experience new things but it's kinda hard when I'm too terrified to even say hi to new people.
>>
>>17127611
Do you run a facebook fanpage or something like that? I think I've found you. I won't say the name for obvious reasons but just a question.
>>
>>17127651
I used to admit a shitty maymay page when I was like 14, but other than that no
>>
>>17127656
Did you get the messages?
>>
>>17127666
No, however most people have a hard time finding me on steam for some reason
>>
>>17127696
It is very hard to find you. My steam is tvman71 or tvman72 whichever you choose is fine with me.
>>
>>17127697
Alright, I think I found you
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.