[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I convince my in-laws to get a divorce? I'm living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: POLICEDEPARTMENT.png (339 KB, 716x725) Image search: [Google]
POLICEDEPARTMENT.png
339 KB, 716x725
How do I convince my in-laws to get a divorce? I'm living with them right now for reasons, and they fight daily. The wife doesn't trust anything the husband says because he's lied to her constantly in the past and shows little consideration for her, and the husband is a habitual liar and alcoholic who is trying to turn his life around but can't talk to anyone without making himself a victim.

They're currently winding down from their latest argument, which is the same bullshit as the last argument, and the same as that before. She's an overbearing psychotic with anger issues and he's a pussy apologist who has a pathological need to be everyone's friend, and I just want to fucking graduate and get out of here to get back with my wife, who consequently knows about the shit her parents are getting into and also agrees they should split. Their marriage counselor, who they have seen for a total of two sessions, has said they should split. The first month this shit started, I knew they should split, and yet nothing has been done about it because they both feel they'd have no place to go. They keep coming to me and putting me in the middle of their bullshit, and I honestly do not care about anything they do unless one of them kills the other, and then I'm out of a place to stay. How do I keep that from happening, and get them to leave each other instead?
>>
>>17127418
Mock and insult them. Do impersonations of how they argue.
>>
>>17127441
I've gotten to the point where I pretty much do insult them by pointing out the inconsistencies in their own personal interpretations of each others' comments. I was really trying to help them when they first started really going at it late last year, but now I really just don't give enough of a damn to do anything more than show them how they're both acting like children, and then they tell me to fuck off so they can go back to fighting.
Yeah. They come to me for arbitration and validation of their arguments, then tell me to fuck off when I don't take their side. I need real advice here, I can't take the constant swinging between passive-aggressiveness and outright hostile accusations. I'd leave, but I can't afford to stay anywhere else since I'm sending money to my wife to help pay for bills and stuff, and they offered free housing. Plus the sooner they hash out a divorce agreement, the better it is for their sanity, because the wife is going no-shit insane due to her feelings of helplessness and an absolute assumption that nobody supports her.
>>
Bump, I need some advice on this shit. I'm basically asking you all to help kill a failed marriage, you should be experts at this.
>>
File: maybe.png (430 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
maybe.png
430 KB, 640x481
Film/record them fighting without their knowledge. Calm them down a few days later and have them both sit down and listen to themselves.
>>
>>17127541
I've done that, honestly. It started another screaming match because "See, I told you that you completely misinterpreted what I said." I have told them flat out to get a divorce, and the only response I get is "I have no place to go and no way to support myself," and "We just need to work this out."
The amount of money and time put into taking care of their house is a huge reason neither of them have left yet, and it's almost been foreclosed on several times because the husband didn't make mortgage payments or pay taxes for something like three years. If the house goes, they'll finally split, but she's trying not to lose the house because she's invested so much in it and because she can't accept living anywhere else, and he doesn't give a shit either way.
Again, I wouldn't care as much about any of it except for the fact that I'm stuck here and putting up with all of it, and I'd rather them divorce and lose the house for closure rather than kill each other.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.