[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo So, um, I've run through like 3 pairs of reletively expensive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 20160509_200419.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160509_200419.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Yo
So, um, I've run through like 3 pairs of reletively expensive earbuds within the last month and it's all because sound won't come out of one randomly. Like, I'll just be using it and suddenly sound only comes out of one earbud and only seems to work again normally if I twist it or hold it a certain way.
So, yeah. Is there a way for me to fix them easily?
>>
It's the jack socket on your mp3 device that's faulty you moron.
>>
Keep purchasing additional earbuds.
>>
>>17127323
OPfag here
No, it's not, because I've tried them on different devices and it's always the headphones. Plus the earbuds are usually fine for a while until something happens and they break.
>>
How do you store them when not in use? Do you fold or wind them up? Just shove them in your pocket?

What's happening, most likely, is that you're damaging the internal wiring of the earbuds. What you're describing is a VERY common problem.

You have to be very careful with how you store earbuds, and even headphones.
>>
I've had the exact same issue as you have, OP. I would buy pretty pricey earbuds that would just die on me after a few months. Like another poster has said, it was probably due to how I stored them (that is, I didn't give a fuck). I've been treating my current pair a whole lot nicer and they're holding out. I gently wrap them up and place them on my side-table whenever I'm not using them as opposed to leaving them splayed out everywhere.
>>
having a fault in wire that bend a lot is just a fact of life. also it has nothing to do with how theyre fucking stored. when theyre stored theyre just sitting there. unless you have them literally bent and have some type of pressure on them

use cheap ear buds for shit like gym, chores, walking the dog

use expensive closed headphones when youre stationary on the comp or just lying down listening to music and such
>>
Basically, if you dont care about how they look, what I do is grab Electrical Tape and wrap the entire thing in a layer.

It stops it from bending around stupidly, and it makes them a little more durable. My current earbuds are on their 3rd year.
>>
>>17127526
This douché knows what's up.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.