[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIY surgical scar removal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (6 KB, 371x593) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6 KB, 371x593
I have a scar on the front of my shin that I want to cut out with a scalpel. My plan is to use fish hooks to pull the skin together after the scarelease tissue has been excised. How long can I leave hooks embedded in my skin before they have to be changed out, and how deep do the incisions need to be? Is superglue effective at keeping wounds closed? The scar is one inch long and one quarter inch wide.
>>
>>17127252
Just leave it until you can afford proper surgery you mong
>>
>>17127252
You're going to get infected.
>>
>>17127256
Normal stitches would be ripped apart due to the location on the front of the skin. I think only fish hooks would be strong enough, and no doctor would do that for me.
>>
>>17127271
Look up on staples or zipline stitches. Your fishhook idea is retarded.
>>
>>17127288
Zipline? It's a strip of tape. That shit isn't strong enough. Staples are one step above string. I would take one step and the staples would be ripped apart. I've had it happen before on another injury. All the fancy proper medical stuff is useless under stress.
>>
>>17127252
This is a god-awful idea, you're likely to just end up with another scar to be honest (or worse, an infection).
Go talk to a dermatologist.

And why do you want to remove it, anyway?
>>
>>17127252
1. DIY surgery sounds like a fucking terrible idea, and asking 4chan how to do it is even worse
2. It's your shin, who cares?
>>
>>17127252
Why the fuck would you give a shit about a scar on your shin? Oh wait, I forgot, you're just a shitty troll.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.