[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dating someone with BPD Advice? Stories? We're actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1460750090494.jpg (52 KB, 640x583) Image search: [Google]
1460750090494.jpg
52 KB, 640x583
Dating someone with BPD

Advice? Stories?

We're actually going on 4 years, but lately i've had a lower tolerance for her outbursts. Not going to dump her atm and i'm well aware I stuck dick in crazy. Just sucks when I can't relax or focus on making myself happy without dealing with pointless drama.

Just looking for advice to calm her the fuck down/not blow up on her when she starts going psycho on me.

>too broke for therapy
>tried some breathing exercises found online, doesn't really work because she's already gone overboard before she can do them

Any advice or stories are appreciated. Thanks!
>>
>codependent?

Just to be clear you mean borderline personality disorder and not bipolar depression?

I've know some people with borderline, I don't know why you'd ever date one.
>>
>>17127090
get out now. things will only get worse, i promise you this. i do not have time to type out my story, but know that i am the voice of experience. for your own sake, get far away from this person as soon as possible.
>>
>>17127141
Hi pantiliner guy! How's that restraining order going?
>>
>>17127131
The first one, as far as we know. Only self-diagnosed it through the internet though, because as I mentioned, 0 money to get actual diagnosis and/or help for it. Could be something else, but all the symptoms of personality disorder came up milhouse

I date her because she's pretty much my dream girl 80% of the time (When she's not having episodes). In the beginning i planned on whiteknighting the shit out of her because I was naive and dumb. Now i've grown to love her as a person, and know her episodes aren't anything she wants to happen.

>>17127141
I believe ya. Going to ride it out for the time being because I actually like her, but i'm not set on being with her forever atm. Appreciate the /adv/ though, friend
>>
>>17127090
>Advice?
Don't do it.
>Stories?
I've got 3 Borderlines on my caseload right now. I love working with them.
>She's 16
>Cute
>Seems sweet from the outside
>Starts dating a boy with Aspergers
>They're together for a year, its a roller coaster
>She manipulates and manipulates and manipulates
>Finally he's hospitalized for a suicide attempt
>In the hospital he breaks up with her
>Lots of crying, lots of dysfunction, eventually he begs her take him back, she does
>She convinces him to start calling her mommy during sex
>She convinces him to steal his mother's underwear
>She convinces him to jerk off into it ON CAMERA while calling her mommy
>He'd do anything for her so of course he does
>She takes all the texts, emails, and videos of him with this mommy shit
>Sends them to his mother
>Ghosts on him
>No contact for a week
>Two weeks
>She's changed her number
>Blocked his email
>He's desperate
>Finally she calls from a friend's phone
>"Kill yourself, I never loved you"

Fuck with the bull, Anon, you're going to get the horns.
>>
>>17127164
So, a good friend of mine attempted suicide, possibly twice, but I can only confirm of her attempting it once.
Ultimately, I've done everything I can to help her. I eventually realized that I can't really do anything for her and I have reduced contact with her. The first time she was institutionalized for 90 days, its when she got her proper diagnosis, before she was just "depressed". She's been in therapy for at least 8 years, first suicide attempt was around two years ago. I would honestly steer clear of people with this...allowing her to depend on me, just enabled her to avoid getting the kind of therapy she really needed.
>>
Try hugging her and slowly massage her back as you do so. If not try anal sex, I'm not kidding my ex was like that and anal sex had her mind off of everything
>>
>>17127180
Holy fucking shit
>>
>dating someone with BPD

Nigga you dumb

She's gonna fuck your shit up and take you down with her.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.