[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>22 >most people my age think of themselves as adults >I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 448540.jpg (8 KB, 315x404) Image search: [Google]
448540.jpg
8 KB, 315x404
>22
>most people my age think of themselves as adults
>I don't
How to change? I feel helpless in the face of challenge
>>
>>17126949
You're barely an adult man.

They only say that because they feel the exact same way you do.

Just know that there's no set path, and that this is the time to take risks, and enjoy your mid-twenties. As long as you're working and keeping things paid on time, you'll end up where you end up.
>>
I'm 31 with a house, wife and small child. But I still feel like a child on the inside. I feel like I'm just pretending to be an adult.
>>
There's no such thing as "being an adult".

Here's the difference between being a kid and an "adult": One pays taxes and has debt.
That is literally it. You can absorb as much or as little responsibility as you want, but you're just as much an adult as the next guy
>>
>>17127148
>debt
>implying
LOLing @ ur financial ineptitude
>>
>22
>most people my age think of themselves as adults
>22
Ah, yes I remember
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>17126949
>>22
>>most people my age think of themselves as adults

don't worry, they aren't, nothing to worry about OP
>>
I'm 23, I feel the same. I've just stepped into a position at work that requires a lot of "adult" interaction, and reported to by others, some are double my age.

I feel like a kid. I play video games every now and again. I guess it comes down to responsibility. The more responsibilities you have, the more time spent on them, leaving little time to do/act the way that makes you feel childish..

Don't stress man. What is your current work status?
>>
>>17127421
>child detected

Technically about 80% of Americans are in some form of debt.

I'm technically in debt but have an 880 credit score, $22,000 in the bank, and all my credit cards paid off. How am I in debt? I have a loan out for my car that I'm paying back slowly as to not put myself in a bind. The same applies for house mortgages. You don't sink all your money into something. You create manageable debt.

LOLing @ your obvious lack of how the real world works.
>>
>>17127421

good luck buying a house without a mortgage.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.