[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to become less cynical? I'm determined to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: somal.jpg (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
somal.jpg
16 KB, 500x500
Is there a way to become less cynical?
I'm determined to work hard at it, but not matter how hard I try, it seems pointless...
>>
read meditations, by marcus aurelius.
>>
>>17126896
And which part of cynic are you trying to shake off from your personality? And why?
>distrusting or disparaging the motives of others;
>showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one's actions, especially by actions that exploit the scruples of others
>bitterly or sneeringly distrustful
>contemptuous
>pessimistic
>a person who has negative opinions about other people and about the things people do

Boy one looks educated when spamming definitions from dictionaries :-)
>>
>>17126909
Pessimistic and bitter, about basically everything new. Unless it's good, which seldomly is the case.
>>
>>17126915
I am afraid being pessimistic is a good trait which prevents you from trusting stupid ideas and people around you. Unless you have super creative job (which need people who believe in new projects and crazy ideas), you can stay like you are now without any issues?

>Example:
Many people doesn't believe in success of the import of kebabs into Germany. You win as a pessimistic.
>Another one:
This girl claims she loves me. I don't believe her, she just wants my money. This can suck or save you with 50% probability :-)

Tell us why anon.
>>
>>17126896
Well tom, you can do this the easy way...or tha haaaard way
>>
>>17126939
If the hard way involves me bouncing on my boy's dick, I'm in.
>>
>>17126936
Well point taken, for me it's mainly that everything 'creative' that is being made, is pure money grabbing shit. People just seem to aimlessly buy and accept shit, without a single thought.
I know I shouldn't be bothered by it. But it's hard to ignore.

examples, people taking videos of people fighting instead of helping.
You see a granny get robbed, and don't do jackshit about it. It just seems like there's no hope for humanity. It's all been going downhill since the 90's.
>>
>>17126915
You're talking about the new Radiohead album aren't you?
>>
>>17127036
Ahaha wish I was. Haven't checked it yet. Radiohead is okay in general. When you take it in moderation.
>>
>>17127064
Great! Now take what you just wrote and apply it to everything else. Baby steps, darling!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.