[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stay productive during the summer? And I guess how do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 1399853921885.jpg (291 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1399853921885.jpg
291 KB, 2560x1600
How do I stay productive during the summer? And I guess how do I stay productive in general?

At most when the spring semester ends for college I've been able to keep a basic retail job, but my grades have been shit lately and I'd like to be more productive and improve my math/coding skills in addition to having a job. I create a schedule but I end up being unable to follow it. I'm generally really lazy unless I'm given precise instructions and reminded. It's embarrassing, because I don't know how to be self productive and it's most likely hurting my future. Without guidance I completely procrastinate and never get anything done.

Does anyone have any tips to avoid laziness, and also any self-study tips?
>>
>>17126034
Take a summer school class, either in what you need catch-up help in, or in what you might otherwise take in the fall (and transfer the credit).
>>
>>17126034
Go for an internship relevant to your degree/chosen interests.
>>
File: 1420010228818.jpg (476 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1420010228818.jpg
476 KB, 1920x1080
>>17126105

I have taken a look at summer/online courses. Problem is I live on campus during the fall/spring and over 4 hrs away from campus during the summer. University offers local summer classes, and CC doesn't offer the right courses. Online has maybe one course I could retake, which I'll look into. Thank you.

>>17126292

I have a bad GPA (sub 3.0), which is why I wanna study more during the summer, but I'm restricted money and location wise (see above). I don't know if I can apply for an internship without a good GPA and being confident of my skills. Is it possible to still be hired with a bad academic record?
>>
File: inspo.jpg (2 KB, 70x125) Image search: [Google]
inspo.jpg
2 KB, 70x125
>>17126321
I mean, you could try. I applied randomly for a few journalism internships this year. My grades aren't great, but I showed lots of enthusiasm, industry knowledge, and writing pomp to land two of them. I'll be working on an online magazine and in a magazine office this Summer as a result of me just giving it a go.

I would definitely use these Summers to gain relevant work experience and knowledge. I'm about to graduate and without me somehow landing these two internship gigs I'd be fucked. If your grades suck then work on them first, then go for internships in the Winter or next Summer.

I'm from the UK, though. I'm not sure how internships work in the USA.
>>
File: 1458410108299.jpg (162 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
1458410108299.jpg
162 KB, 1280x852
>>17126329

Thank you a lot for your advice, and congrats on your internships.

Experience is, like you said, really important. I definitely have to work on my grades, and my skills this summer.
>>
>>17126321
this has to be one of the comfiest rooms/images ever produced
>>
>>17126432
no problem, mateo. best of luck.

if shit gets fucked up just get a job designing comfy bedrooms, they seem to be your thing.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.