[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So having never used anything like that I split 54mg and took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: MCN58520[1].jpg (12 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
MCN58520[1].jpg
12 KB, 288x216
So having never used anything like that I split 54mg and took it (I know it's not recommended).
After an hour or more and feeling nothing, took another one.
Am I going to die in few hours?
>>
>>17125936
No lol
>>
You're supposed to take those anally
>>
>>17125936
>I split 54mg and took it
So you took half of one pill, then took the other half, or you took two? In any case, you won't die. Worst case scenario you will have an elevated heart rate for a few hours, feel sweaty and nervous, and have a hard time sleeping. Perhaps some nausea.

I assume the reason you couldn't feel it is because that formulation is designed for extended release or something... designed to extend effects and reduce abuse potential.
>>
>>17125963
Yeah, that's why I'm a bit scared.
It's supposed to be released throughout the day (8-12 hours) and breaking the skin make it basically a big shot.
But I guess if an hour after taking second one and not noticably increase heart rate, that means I should be fine.
Also people don't start with 54 mg usually, it's a high dose.
>>
>>17125980
You will be just fine. In twelve hours at most you will have metabolized all of it--you swallowed it, I assume, rather than trying to snort it? I did some quick looking around and it seems as though recreational prescription drug abusers consider it the least abuseable ADHD pill.

When I was young and stupid I railed Ritalin a small handful of times. Definitely works, definitely bad for your nose (snorting pills is for morons--they're like 99% cornstarch and adhesives by volume), definitely not fatal.
>>
File: Methylphenidate_LevelCurve_3.png (69 KB, 3741x2063) Image search: [Google]
Methylphenidate_LevelCurve_3.png
69 KB, 3741x2063
>>17125936
>So having never used anything like that I split 54mg and took it
Ok, first of all, why?
And that doesn't do anything special, it just ruins the point of that drug (Concerta): it uses a special system to release the medication over a longer period of time (osmotic-release capsule). Cut in half, it's nothing but overpriced Ritalin.

>After an hour or more and feeling nothing, took another one.
Again why? Google these drugs or ask someone next time before you take them, or you're going to get yourself killed at some point.
This shit is carefully designed to be ask long-acting as possible.

>>17125936
>Am I going to die in few hours?
It's been a few hours, how do you feel?
You're probably not dead unless you have a heart condition, you'll just have high as fuck blood pressure and heart rate for like 6 - 8 hours.
If your pulse goes above 140 or so and stays there or it feels too irregular, call someone immediately and have them come over and watch you (if you have no friends, go to the a public place or the ER, if nothing bad happens you can just stay there for a while then leave when it's over).
If you lose consciousness at any point (eg due to hyperventilation), it's ER time.

>>17125980
>But I guess if an hour after taking second one and not noticably increase heart rate, that means I should be fine.
Nope, it increases heart rate slowly over time, peak rate will be right after peak blood concentration most of the time, and that's well after 1 hour. Take a look at this pic (should be something like ritalin SR, you should have hit peak an hour or so ago or so by my guess.
In my experience, the most dangerous time for stimulants is during the crash, worst arrhythmia, especially with sleep deprivation, feels like your heart's doing backflips.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.