[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self-loathing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: mint_noose.jpg (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mint_noose.jpg
58 KB, 640x480
How do I stop hating myself? Everywhere I look just gives the same positive thinking bullshit that just makes me feel worse because I know it's a lie.
>>
>>17125679
You could start by not posting anime pics anymore. Everyone hates weebs, even themselves.
>>
>>17125679
>Everywhere I look just gives the same positive thinking bullshit

Because that's how you stop hating yourself? It's very simple, just think positive until it becomes default. Right now negativity towards yourself is the default mindset.
>>
>>17125895
But I've tried it and it makes me feel a lot worse, not better. It doesn't work at all.
>>
>>17125918
Either keep trying or if your having that serious of a problem go see a therapist instead of Googling and asking 4chan.
>>
>>17125922
I tried a therapist. They made me feel worse than 4chan.
>>
>>17125935
If you tried a therapist, a single therapist, then that's your problem. Therapists are people too, some are amazing at their job and some are shit. Keep trying because you're not going to change anything if you just bitch and moan after a day of trying to be positive or one therapist session.
>>
>>17125943
I've seen four. Not all of them made me feel shit, but none of them made me feel any better.
>>
File: 1461810855179.gif (477 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1461810855179.gif
477 KB, 500x369
>>17125949
They aren't supposed to make you feel better, they're supposed to guide you into making yourself feel better.

You're not going to feel better unless you actually try. I don't mean a day, or a week, or a month, or even a year. It's something you're going to have to work towards fixing for the rest of your life. It will get easier to deal with, but it will never go away. So stop wallowing in your own self hatred. You can't feel better unless you really try to change how your brain views yourself, and therapists are the best way to find out how to change that.

It's trial and error until you find a way that works, then stick with that. It's not going to be easy, it's not going to be quick, and 4chan won't give you some magic post that makes you suddenly love yourself. You just have to be more stubborn than your depression.
>>
>>17125976
>You just have to be more stubborn than your depression.
Evidence suggests I'm not.

What's the best way to kill myself while causing the least inconvenience to other people?
>>
>>17125981
>What's the best way to kill myself while causing the least inconvenience to other people?

Drown in the sea.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 600x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 600x191
>positive thinking
>bullshit
How does it make you feel worse? Something tells me you don't understand it or didn't give it an honest try.

Positive thinking isn't a magical instant fix to hopeless thinking. It also isn't about thinking that everything will go the way you want in life, like thinking "today I will meet a girl who will like me" or "today I will get a job/promotion." It's about recognizing that bad shit happens in life and not caring, about seeing that no matter what happens to you everything will be okay and it's only your mindset that is keeping you down. It's about admiring the small things in life and thinking rationally although you may think you are now.

If you think rationally you'll see in the long run everything will be fine. You'll be okay, and we'll all float on
>>
>>17125981
Take a boat into the ocean, tie a weight to your ankle, then jump in.

All those "conventional" ways of suicide will still have someone needing to haul your limp, rotting corpse off somewhere. Get over yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 600x189) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 600x189
>>17125976
This. I used to be suicidally depressed for a loooooooong time and had 1 attempt and almost went through with hanging myself. Then something happened and I returned to God, and now my life is immensely better. I help others, see all the good things in life rather than the bad (other part of thinking positively) and am so much lighter than I have felt in years.

The trick is I forced myself into uncomfortable situations and told the truth about things and worked to fix my fuck ups as well. All I'm gathering is you aren't trying very hard at all OP though it may feel like you are
>>
I really would like to stop hating myself too.
Don't really have the energy to make a thread about it. So thanks OP.

I try to stop my negative thinking dead on and find something to do.
>>
>>17125988
Thinking rationally and looking at the evidence, my life is only getting worse with no reason for that trend to change.

>>17125995
I've tried religion, and it makes no sense to me. All my experience of uncomfortable situations is fucking up and feeling worse. I'm shit with people, and just piss them off. It's hard to see how forcing my presence on more people will help.
>>
>>17125981
Heroin overdose
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 288x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 288x420
>>17126017
>worse
You miss the point. Your life is immeasurably better than the life of anyone who has ever lived. Your life is good, and you'll be fine. Although your life is bland in comparison to the people who live it up with many friends and people that care for them, you have a cozy existence just like them. And everything will be fine.

You really sound like you don't even want to get better. I've been there, done that. Right now you don't want to get better, you just want to complain about how black everything is and how nothing matters and how horrible you are and how much life sucks. Give yourself a shot, be comfortable with yourself and don't see yourself as a nuisance. Everything is going to be okay
>>
>>17126029
I meant most everyone*
>>
>>17126029
>Give yourself a shot, be comfortable with yourself and don't see yourself as a nuisance.
I don't understand this as an instruction. It's incredibly vague and gives me no idea what to actually do. Maybe I'm just too autistic or stupid to understand your help.

And yes, I'm aware that by any reasonable standard I'm better off than almost everyone ever. But that just makes me feel guilty for not making the most of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 611x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 611x755
>>17126053
As in, stop putting yourself down. In reality people don't see you as of much as a nuisance as you make yourself out to be.

If you feel guilty about it then make the most of it. I don't mean be a partier or anything I mean love the little things. Pay attention to them, be present, enjoy how every good meal is tasty and how you get to eat well every day. But don't forget nature either.

I also suggest good comedy/satire. I like to watch south park and I find comedy can help me a lot
>>
>>17125679

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NfeTavdiY8
>>
>>17126029

mostly this. but if OP IS serious about change, then you need to be the kind of person you wouldnt loathe. its a long road. but it starts with deciding what you actually want. then changing yourself one month at a time.
>>
>>17126066
>people don't see you as of much as a nuisance as you make yourself out to be
It sure seems like they do from the way they act.

I find entertainment in general distracts me from my problems, but once it's over they remain unchanged. I guess being mindful about enjoying experiences like food and nature are things I should try to do more though.

>>17126076
>deciding what you actually want
I have no idea beyond not being miserable. Which might be why I never make any progress.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 600x190) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 600x190
>>17126097
By suggesting comedy I meant you should watch stuff that makes you laugh and enjoy it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.