[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm being treated like a whore by guys I work with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 640x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 640x635
I'm 20. I have a good job that leaves me room to advance and pays well. There's an equal number of women/men. They're all of the same culture, background, etc and I always feel left out.

One day one of the guys noticed me and invited me out after work. We had sex. It was a mistake and I wish I didn't. But I liked the company, because I don't have many friends. Then a few nights later another coworker offered me a ride home and out of no where started to kiss me and rub me. It was really awkward and uncomfortable but I didn't say anything. Now even more of the guys will talk about me and blow me kisses and all that. And the girls give me stares.

I just want to be left alone and I feel really depressed. But this is a very good job for me.

I want to die. I don't know what to do.
>>
Holy shit that second guy sounds like a total creep. You should have blackened his eye at least. Wew lad.
>>
>people treat me a certain way because of my actions
Golly gee, who would have though that?
>>
>>17125557
Either keep being seen like a whore ot get another job and don't fuck up this time. Sorry but no matter what you do now, it's way too late to save your image.
>>
>>17125557
>I want to die. I don't know what to do.
Come on Sheyla. You are a fucking woman. Play it by the book:

>go to guy n. 1 (Pedro) and start blaming him for being a dick
>if Pedro asks why, you first tell him he already knows
>at some point Pedro will beg you to explain
>at this stage you start crying and tell that what happened between the two of you was special, not something to boast about with friends
>lie. Say he was important to you. You are allowed to lie because you got wronged.
>then, he will go like "I told nobody I swear"
>At this time you bring up the story of Carlos, who groped you and basically sexually harrassed you without your consent in the car
>Then wait for the reaction
>Now if Pedro really spread info about what happened between you, he will apologize and shit.
>But if it wasn't him and the two events are independent, you have a chance of him white knighting his way among coworkers, confront Carlos and basically you will have your virginal status re-instated by proxy
>>
>>17125557
You're going to have to stand up for yourself and set some boundaries, OP. If someone's behavior is making you uncomfortable, say something! If it continues after you made it clear that it's unwelcome, more than once, then consider having a supervisor intervene and whether or not sexual harassment complaints should be filed. First and foremost though, YOU have to decide clearly what is and is not appropriate and project that to others. You should also fully understand the code of conduct expected at your job and the steps available for resolution. You have to be consistent or mixed messages (such as flirting, showing affection at the workplace with "some" coworkers, etc.) will only perpetuate the problem. You have a right to NOT feel objectified or otherwise suffer unwanted sexual advances/attention. GL!
>>
>>17125557

robot here.

At the minute, I'd say being the workplace "whore" is the least of your issues.

>It was really awkward and uncomfortable but I didn't say anything.

This is your biggest problem... you need to learn to say "no".

I'm not goin' to coddle you and tell you it's all their fault. Not being able to say "no" is all on you.
I'd know, I'm the same way... shit my anxiety has got so bad I've had to drop my hours and work part time. I struggle to say "no" too.
But I'm tryin' to get better and manage... You should too.

Now, theoretically, a guy SHOULD ask "Hey sexy, you okay with this?" before doin' something like that... Theoretically.

Realistically, however, that apparently puts alot of girls off and ruins the mood often sabotaging mens relationships - so the general rule alot of men follow is to make a move, and if she doesn't stop it, she's chill with it.

With that in mind, you do have to work on your issues. Learn to speak up and say "no" when you have to.

Secondly, you'll want to talk to your co-workers about this. That you struggle to say "no".
Otherwise if you straight up claim sexual harassment they might consider it "mixed signals" and think you're on of those crazy girls who'll flirt then cry harassment when a guy does it back.

Basically, the key point you need to be focusing on is maintaining clear communication.

I'm not saying this is all your fault, but I'm also not saying that you're completely blame-free in this either.
You have to take action to fix this.
>>
>>17125585
You are a fucking genius.
>>
>It was really awkward and uncomfortable but I didn't say anything
Why?
When something's uncomfortable for you, say so. Fuck what the guy thinks. Kick him in the gonads, hurt him, scream he's a rapist and you're going to kill him. Unless he's threatening your life don't be afraid to get into a fight. Since he's your coworker yoy can even get him fired.
>>
Why is the guy not the whore here? The fuck are people doing by encouraging this guy's behavior but shitting all over yours?
>>
Contact HR and get a new set of dicks
>>
>>17125557
Tell them to fuck off, or find another job.

>But this is a very good job for me.
It's not, you don't need to put up with this.
>>
>>17125610
The guy is a creep
But being a passive little whore is all on OP
>>
>>17125600
This is good advice.
>>
>>17125571
This

Also learn to say no, no presented yourself as easy and a girl who will sleep with a guy the first time they go out

It doesn't have to be the truth but that image will spread
>>
>>17125585
OP you really should do this. no joke.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.