[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friends class is having a high-school graduation party, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 580x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 580x276
My friends class is having a high-school graduation party, I have ticket. He went to mine. He's been messaging me twice the last week about it, I haven't answered. The party is today, I really don't feel like going. What do
>>
>>17125489
Time to just tell your friend that you're not feeling up to it at this point, OP! Truth is best BUT if you have to make up something, saying that "something came up" can be somewhat accurate, even if that "something" is mundane. GL!
>>
I've known him for a really long time, and I don't feel like blowing him off. We're good friends, and I feel like I don't see him enough. These types of parties are basically clubbing - you can't even talk. It will be full of strangers and the alcohol will cost mad-much.
>>
>>17125502
Then you need to commit to going, nurse one drink if you can for as long as possible (so not to spend so much money), smile and try to stay close to him. Try to at least make it through 15 mins before giving a reason to leave--maybe even offering an alternative to being there if you still want to spend time together!
>>
>>17125489
Meet him in at a halfway point. Go but don't stay the full duration. Or go with the intention that if you don't enjoy it, you'll leave at the halfway point but if you end up enjoying it, stay the rest of the time. Think of it as a favor to yourself and you training your willpower by doing something you don't want to do.

Just make sure to communicate to friend about potentially leaving halfway in.

Personally, I don't think you should skip it. Especially considering your friend went to yours and wants you to go to his and you already have a ticket. There's also the aspect of, this is going to be far better than just sitting home on Chans or playing vidya. How much does this friend mean to you? If he's a bro, go.
>>
>>17125575
as a favor to your friend*
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.