[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lonely and miserable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: siegmeyer-of-catarina-large.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
siegmeyer-of-catarina-large.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
Hey /adv/,

I am just asking on some advice on how to make friends again. I lost half of my friends over a stupid fight with me going off all spastically on them. I was really unstable mentally then but now I am on mediciation I am doing much better.

However, I find myself lonely and distant from social interaction. Outside of my girlfriend, i really don't talk to anyone else since I moved out of my Parents place. I am really socially awkward and i get anxious easily. What is a good way to get over my irrational fears of people? Walking up and talking to them will force spaghetti to fall.

I just miss going out on weekends and having fun.
>>
>>17125089
>Walking up and talking to them will force spaghetti to fall.
That's how you learn.
To change you must exit your comfort zone over and over and over again until you feel comfortable in what you once saw as uncomfortable.
Wise words indeed that I have not lived up to myself but that's how it goes.
You need to live and learn and over time the experience just falls into place, like a missing puzzle piece.
Trust.
>>
Join a club, hobby, or whatever you're interested in and use that as a starting point to get to used to being around others. By having an activity that you all have in common, you'll always have something to talk about and eventually be able to talk about other stuff. As long as you force yourself to try and socialize you'll eventually get better at it.
>>
There is a lot to be be said about spreading your bare ass cheeks wide and asking your friend to pound the hold hard as he can.
>>
>>17125123
wh
at t
>>
>>17125123
Eh?
>>
>>17125089

>walking up and talking to them will ofrce spaghetti to fall out

while there is a lot to be said for 'studying' you've likely studied all you can about social interaction. and its not exactly a new or foreign concept. no matter how many videos you watch of someone riding a bike, the only way for you to really learn is to get on a fucking bike

>BUT MUH SPAGHETTI!1!

please stop boxing yourself into these stupid stereotypes. yes they are fun to use for discussion about previous experiences, but you are already saying "I WANT TO INTERACT BUT REFUSE TO CUZ I WILL AUTOMATICALLY RUIN MY ENTIRE LIFE FOR ALL TIME'

you have a girlfriend and had friends before. you are not an autistic retard who cant function in society. pretending you are simply creates a self fulfilling prophecy.

the worst thing that happens if you go up and talk to someone is that they dont want to talk to you, you go seperate ways, and in ten minutes they do not even remember you. your life is exactly the same as it was 24 hours ago.

practice makes perfect.
>>
>>17125089
>>17125143

that being said here is some advice. it was written with the intent of meeting women but it works even better for making new friends. so disregard the notes specific to picking up women.

effort. lots and lots of effort. and also, doing what you like. going out is in no way restricted to bars and clubs, though if that is what you enjoy, by all means, go to bars and clubs.

the truest way to find chemistry is to experience your life in the most enjoyable way, and see how you match with the people who come into it. interacting with someone in a casual way shows you how you ACTUALLY get along, not how you hope to get along cuz you really want this to work cuz you need a gf.

so write down a list of all your hobbies, and find a way to externalize them. most people live at least near a city these days.

go to any and all hobby shops and ask about local events. gun shops might have hunting trips. or you can just go to a shooting range. comic book stores have game nights. or live commentary movie nights. if these shops do not host events, offer to host one through them, after all it will only lead to more money through them.

you can even go to a more casual store, lets say, a book store, and stand in your favorite aisle (lets say, horror). talk to everyone who comes by looking for a book. ask what book they are looking for. tell them what book you are looking at. try to spark a conversation abotu your favorite author. maybe take some suggestions. if you really hit it off, try to trade numbers.

its okay if it doesnt pan out. this isnt a scoring system. there is no man in a cloack in space making down on a cosmic chalkboard how many failed conversations you had. 99% of interaction is dumb. you are waiting for the 1% and enjoying talking about your favorite things with strangers until then.
>>
>>17125148

>but anon, going outside somewhere to find out if maybe they have an event doesnt suit my lazy lifestyle!!1!

and for those who simply cannot bring themselves to get up out of the house without a guarantee go to meetup.com and look for something of your interest. no matter what your interest it is on there in a group you can meet with. and if not, you can start your own meet up.

Now, some of you may argue that these sorts of tailored events are attended mostly by men. yes. mostly. but some women too. whats important here is you will be doing something you love, with people who love what you love, and when the right ladies come along you'll know they love it too. you will have that common ground.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.