[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be senior, I'm 18 >took the new SAT in March >getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Man_crying_in_love_1.jpg (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Man_crying_in_love_1.jpg
96 KB, 500x500
>be senior, I'm 18
>took the new SAT in March
>getting scores back on Tuesday
>anxious and paranoid about it
>if I don't get at least a 1300 (out of 1600) I'm going to kill myself
Literally the only thing I have going for me is my grades. I suck in social situations and only have a few friends who actually care about me. I need at least a 1300 to be given a scholarship for this program in my state. My family is poor so if I don't get a scholarship I'm basically fucked for college, the one thing my parents wanted me to do. I don't want to disappoint them, I'd rather kill myself than be a failed child.
>>
>>17124760
do your parents really want you to end your life? furthermore, if you don't get college, you can step up the ladder through hard work.
>>
File: 1452275985991.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1452275985991.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>17124760

>be 18
>kill myself if i score low on a test i can retake

i dont have a good enough reaction image for this. pepe will have to do.

>litearlly the only thing i have going for me is my grades

and in 3 months your grades will mean almost nothing. i mean its may, and assuming you are 'smart' you've already applied to college. you choose which SAT results get sent out and can retake it if you want. you're threatening to kill yourself over a test you probably did fine on.

>i suck in social situations

today. but in terms of social situations being an 18 year old in highschool is to us like being a 4 year old scared of preschool is for you.

highschool has so little to do with the real world its actually terrifying that its considered important in any sense. there are no prom queens in the office.

>only have a few friends who actually care about me

ONLY A FEW? AS OPPOSED TO THE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS THAT GENUINELY CARE ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE?

thats how dumb you sound. again, highschool. in 4 years you might be good friends wiht one of your friends on facebook. if oyu're smart you'll have gone to college or a legitimate career opportunity and have left your friends in the past.

>need at least a 1300 to get a scholarship

again, im sure you will do fine, but agian, you can retake.

>my family is poor so if i dont get a scholarship im basicallyfucked for college

arent you supposed to be smart? if you managed to absolutely do abysmally bad at this SAT business you can find other ways to do well in the world, and even get to college. there are options. just combine smart with hard working and you'll conquer the world.
>>
>>17124760
>>17124789
>the one hting my parents wanted me to do

stop caring what your parents wnat you to do and what hoops they expect you to jump through. you're 18. you are about to learn that your own happiness is the key to a happy life. going to college on scholarship may do that. but doing it just cuz its what oyur aprents want wont.

my dad hates what ive ended up doing with the last two years of my life. but i like what i do and im damn good at it, so fuck him.

>id rahter kill myself than be a failed child

killing yourself is a guranteed fail. re taking hte test or just finding a different path to happiness is not.

there are also lots of other scholarships out there. the world doesn't revolve around this SAT score. if you are taking it so seriously then you should have studied harder. and if you studied hard enough you shouldnt be taking it this seriously.

you're not gonna kys. chill dude.
>>
https://fafsa.ed.gov/
if your poor, apply for financial aid
>>
just putting it out there, if you're concerned about how you'll pay for college you could always join the military, do your 4 years, maybe grow a bit as a person, and then when you get out they'll completely pay for your college.

I wish I had done that when I was your age, but you know there was the iraq war on and all that.
>>
I thought its out of 2400 now or some shit. I scored a 1500 on mine and didnt even go to college
>>
>>17124814
this guys got it right. i wish i did the same. currently in the reserves but should have done active duty right out of highs school.
get a bonus and you can save up a lot of money if your not stupid.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.