[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today I discovered microwavable vegetable bags (heard about them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: catwtf.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
catwtf.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
Today I discovered microwavable vegetable bags (heard about them on The Office!), so I ate some.

What are some other ways to improve my dieto?
>>
bruh just buy fresh veggies some lean meats..ie chicken etc...chic peas and lentils and stuff the next time you go shopping...just look up recipes and stuff man its easy
>>
Always shop around the periphery of the store, don't eat processed stuff, count calories if you want to lose weight
>>
File: feelsad.jpg (35 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
feelsad.jpg
35 KB, 300x360
>>17124464
My grandma won't buy anything to cock veggies with. I have to get the frozens.
>>
>>17124481
Tell your granny to get her shit together.
>>
Don't eat too much vegetable....... Still food.
>>
>>17124501
this.

also just get a pan. you can do a lot with one pan. I made a decent meal from what most would call nothing last night using basic pans and could have done it in one pan if needed, it would have just taken longer.

1. cook noodles in pan to the point that you could eat them and they're cooked but can absorb a little more liquid from cooking. takes practice to know when that is... just cook the fucking noodles. note: any kind of noodle, depends what you're making. for this I suggest egg noodles but I used spaghetti cause I'm too fucking broke for more than one kind of noodle. any noodle can be cooked in a big pan, you don't NEED a pot. the noodle police aren't gonna come for you for cooking in a different thing than most people use.

2. put noodles on plate to sit

3. put some kind of meat in the pan with a small amount of sesame oil. cook it till it browns juuust a little bit, then set aside with the noodles. don't eat meat? well thats.... I'm not gonna start shit, whatever, skip this step.

4. cut veg or use frozen (fresh is wayyyy better for you just FYI. I use frozen a lot cause time) throw into pan with some sesame oil. olive oil will work if that's what you've got but I can tell you from experience sesame will match the rest of the tastes better. fry that shit.

5. add in the noodles and the meat, do try not to make a fucking mess, its gonna be a full pan. its not really hard, you'll get a few noodles on the stovetop undoubtedly but I know some people that will have shit on the walls for fucks sake. add in soy sauce and turn up the heat and mix it all together for like, 30 seconds to a minute. really depends on you and the stove and how things absorb the sauce, just use your best judgement and try not to burn shit.

you see why we wanted the noodles to absorb just a little more right? super good, congrats you just made amazing stir fry. now take your pan and make more amazing easy shit. this whole thing should take like 10 minutes to cook.
>>
>>17124585
>fresh is wayyyy better for you just FYI
Why? Is the grocery stole shite fresh?
>>
>>17124603
Freezing veggies reduces their flavor but the nutrients are still intact. I also find frozen veggies to be soggier when cooked because of the extra water they contain
>>
>>17124603
processing and vitamin degradation. I don't remember all the reasons. you have google literally a few keystrokes away though if you're interested
>>
>>17124614
maybe that was it. I just always associated the sogginess with being shit
>>
>>17124626
I assume you only have a microwave. That's okay, it's what I had to deal with in college, and therefore most of what I say is budget food.

You can cook oatmeal, (sweet) potatoes, scrambled eggs, frozen fruits, and frozen vegetables in the microwave. Check the Internet on how to do the potatoes and eggs. Additional sources of protein include canned chicken and tuna, but make sure to drain them well to reduce sodium content. Peanut butter is good for a treat, and bananas are the cheapest fruit around. Rice, lentils, pasta, and beans, unfortunately, are best bought and cooked in bulk with a pot.

If you find the taste is getting bland, a little bit of dirt cheap ramen or one dollar banquet tv dinners can spruce up the vegetables as long as you're eating more vegetables than crap.

If you're getting your produce from Walmart, vegetables flash-frozen at the peak of freshness is going to be better than produce left to ripen on the back of a truck. Of course, if you can find a farmer's market, that would be optimal, but it's not like it's the end of the world if you just get whatever's easy, cheap, and healthy.
>>
>>17124709
quoted wrong post, my bad
>>
>>17124603
He's literally wrong.
Flash frozen vegetables and fruit actually retain more of their nutrients and desirable qualities, outside of taste and texture.

Organic and local grown shit tastes better on average but quantitatively is not as good for you.

>>17124626
Wrong.

>>17124614
Accurate.
>>
>>17124709
Today I ate a 99c bag of veggies and a beefy crunch burrito for dinners. Did I do ok?
>>
>>17124775
Better than just the burrito, that's for sure. Take some time to try out microwaving some of the different foods I listed every so often and over time you'll find yourself making healthy choices.
>>
>>17124775
fuck yeah, niggie, beefy crunch is the shit
>>
Rice-a-roni, according to my ex-gf. She was fat though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.