[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that the majority of people will hate you for being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
Is it true that the majority of people will hate you for being successful/fit/intelligent or is it just a meme?
>>
Just a meme. Anyone can be succesful at something if you try, but it depends on your personality if you are hated.
>>
>>17124257
Nope I am actually happy for you for being succeful in life and I wish the same for others.
>>
>>17124257
No. I started to become kind of a dick when my life began to come together. People didn't really take me seriously before then, so I think it's a nice change.
>>
>>17124257
It's not a meme. Less successful people will say things to spite you. With fitness, especially.
>he's so boring, he won't eat shit food with us
as they pile on the pounds, with no muscle at all.

One of my former friends constantly remarked about how law is sophistry, and yet she's unemployed, older, and has a philosophy degree. These people are veritable salt mines.

Cut these people out of your life. If they want you to feel bad about your hard won success, they can fuck off.
>>
>>17124294
This is why i stay way from women they get jealous and shit talk you
>>
>>17124257
Some people will, but it's because they are jealous of your success. Best not to worry about it. Some of my friends have complained about how I'm good at mathematics, almost calling it a privilege. Just remind them that you worked for it and you earned your skills/success.
>>
>>17124257
Some will. Others will not. Things involving other people's opinions are almost never simple and easy enough to generalize without a whole lot of glaring clauses you must actively take into account.
>>
>>17124368
In my experience, men do it more, but it's more immediately apparent when women do it.
>>
it's completely true. people try to shit on me all the time and I'm nowhere near my full potential. like I put up a good front and I'm planning for the future but right now is a bitch. people have no idea how hard I work for this shit and how everything looking amazing isn't an indicator of how it feels like things are. people still look at me and go "you have things that I dont and i hate you" or "you know more than me and I'm threatened by it cause i don't care to learn... anything useful"

it's fucking ridiculous being attractive and intelligent. I know that's a major "oh boohoooooo for you asshole" but seriously, people are fucking ridiculous about it. I get shit so much because people feel threatened by my very presence, and yet everyone wants to use my intelligence to their advantage. I am not even bullshitting about this, it's fucking stupid. people, as a majority, suck a lot.
>>
>>17124257
I dont hate you for being succesful.
But maybe someone does? depends i guess
>>
>>17124257
Does the emotion jealousy exist to you? If you answered yes then yes yo your question.
>>
>>17124257
The majority of people on 4chan would, because the majority here are losers.

In the real, grown-up world those who are confident of their own abilities are not resentful of others.
>>
>>17124257
People will hate/doubt you before, while you're on the success path and after, once you're successful. I have not changed a bit since I pulled myself together and got shit done. But people still seem to think I'm arrogant and have a huge ego. This never was a problem for me until I started down success avenue. I think it's jealousy in their own way
>>
>>17124257

does it matter? the real question is what kind of people you are attracting to you.

successful, fit, and intelligent people tend to attract successful, fit, and intelligent people. peopel mostly like people they can relate to. theres also that 10% personality thing that happens where you happen to get along iwht someone life just pushed in your direction and you maintain an interaction.

I think you're boiling life down into too simple a trait. if you think the world as a whole is scorning succesful, fit and intelligent people, you are wrong. that is just a meme. the 1% doesn't really care what the 99% thinks of their business practices. they are succesful, tehy dont need to. a fit person doesn't care what a skinny or fat person thinks of them, and other fit people dont hate you for being fit.

no one hates someone for being intelligent unless they are arrogant ( like when they say 'i could never date someone dumber than me' implying they are justtttt intelligent enough to be considered high intelligence but anyone dumber is suddenly too dumb. or if they have a 'death note' complex).

all in all just do your best and do what you want. if someone has a problem with you, and you dont want them to, feel free to address it. but if they are just a hater, send them on their way.
>>
deedle deet deet, deet deet~
>>
>>17124257
Mostly it's a meme. What people will hate you for is if you let it go to your head and turn you into an asshole. Stay decent, and (most) people won't hate you.
>>
>>17124451
*tips fedora*
>>
It's mostly a meme. I know someone who's successful, fit, and more intelligent than I am. I don't hate him, but I do have little bouts of jealousy where I think, "fuck that guy for being such a success."
>>
Only people that don't like themselves.

More women have self esteem issues that's why they do it more.
>>
>>17124257

Ask Ivanka Trump.
>>
>>17124257
We have a guy like that at work. He's the type of guy you'd want to hate because he's inherited money from his family, he gets things served on a platter, is part of the upper class, and so on. He's a really swell guy though, so you can't hate him.

TL;DR - People will hate you for being a shit person in other regards.
>>
>>17124257
If you are fitter than me you do steroids, if you have a nicer car your penis is tiny, and if you make more money you are a soulless corporate robot and/or exploiting a broken system.
>>
>>17124257
One of the things people resent is if you're intelligent. Never display your intelligence in front of people. Act like a commoner.
>>
I don't think so. Sure, you are more likely to make people envious, and it can happen that they latch onto that. It can make petty people feel better if they catch you saying something foolish/incorrect and can go "gotcha, I knew they weren't so smart/competent". This makes the comparison between them/your life and their own lives less bad.

But people do this with lots of things. If you are fat and/or ugly and you annoy people, they will also use your appearance to feed or rationalize their dislike. I think overall you still have better chances as someone succesful, you'll just have to invest a tad more into being convincingly humble and down to earth than an everyday Joe not to rub people the wrong way.
>>
Just jealous people to be honest friend. I secretly get salty thinking of people that are better then me, but I feel like most people just respect success.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 710x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 710x293
Not everyone will but it's a real phenomenon. It's called envy, which is different than jealousy. Envy is when you wish you had what someone else has and dislike/hate them for it
>>
>>17126347
Excuses. It goes both ways. The successful usually say the unsuccessful usually just don't work hard enough. Which is true in most cases, but it usually isn't quite that simple.
>>
>>17124257
Only for being all 3 plus charismatic and healthy.
Otherwise, people may even pity you, lots of intelligent people with serious physical and mental illnesses out there.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.