[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I reject a girl without hurting her feelings? A girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
How do I reject a girl without hurting her feelings?

A girl that used to go to my school has feelings for me, but I'm not interested. I want to let her know but I don't want to make her feel bad.

What should I say? I don't want to lie and say I'm not looking for anyone, because I am. Just not her.

I could just say 'sorry but I'm not interested in you' but that'll be mean right?
>>
Just say you see her as a possible friend. It will let her think there's still a chance without outright saying your not attracted enough to her to not be around her. Then just blow her off every time she wants to hang out by saying your busy or you're going out of town.
>>
>>17123424
That sounds like a good idea, I'll probably do that.

Anything else I should try?
>>
>>17123424
this is horrible and if you do this you are a fucking asshole
i hope a girl does this to you, or maybe they already have.

just tell her you are not interested jesus christ
>>
>>17123409
Ghost her
>>
>>17123528
Yeah it's probably not best to lead her on... I wont, I'll just be straight up and say I'm not interested
>>
>>17123409
Wait, did she tell you that explicitly? Or are you just judging by her actions?

If she hasn't said anything, you definitely shouldn't say anything either as it would only send the opposite message.
Just be cold/platonically-responsive when she flirts with you and you'll be a-OK
>>
>>17123550
Just judging by her actions really, I've been getting anonymous messages from someone saying they wish they were with me, then she followed me on Instagram, before she randomly messaged me saying happy birthday. I have a feeling its her judging by the way she types but I could be reaching... I doubt it though. I'm definitely not saying anything until she does though.
>>
>>17123589
just don't say anything. pretend you didn't connect the dots. if you acknowledge that you've connected the dots, to a female mind it already means that you're into her.
i know it's fucking retarded but that's how they work.
>>
>>17123635
Yeah, that's a good idea. She'll probably tell me or just open up later. If she does open up I'll have to let her down gently. I just don't know how to do that part. Before when I was in middle school I'd do something gross to make girls not like me but I know that's not an option now...
>>
>>17123651
>I'd do something gross to make girls not like me but I know that's not an option now...
you'd be surprised :D

joking aside, you need to prepare for the fact that she will be hurt. So what, it'll pass. it's just simply not your fucking problem, at least not if you guys aren't even very close friends (and you aren't, if I understand correctly). Maybe you shouldn't actively be a jerk, but the best thing you can do for her is still to not send mixed signals, and even being too comforting and gentle could do that if someone were seeing what they want to see.

To be completely honest, if you really wanted to do her a favor, adding a touch of jerkiness might actually really only help, especially if you don't really care about her opinion of you.
>>
>>17123737
>To be completely honest, if you really wanted to do her a favor, adding a touch of jerkiness might actually really only help, especially if you don't really care about her opinion of you.

actually scratch this last part. you shouldn't even be thinking in terms of doing her a favor.
literally don't.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.