[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: allislost.jpg (8 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
allislost.jpg
8 KB, 250x187
>totally and irreversibly fucked up socially with the people I'm living with on multiple occasions

>they exclude me as much as possible from activities

What do? Just emotionally/intellectually withdraw and look for social interaction elsewhere?
>>
>>17123240

What did you do?
>>
File: 41 KB.png (41 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
41 KB.png
41 KB, 255x200
OP here. Here's the backstory if you wanna hear it.

>First week of school
>these kids get fucking hammered
>I see some of the drunk girls about to have sex with the guys
>report it to the RA
>they all hate me for it

>later I ask out one of these girls
>she rejects me

>Basically tell another girl I have a crush on her in a moment of emotional weakness (family death)
>crickets.....

>realize after a while that I'm that annoying guy who hangs out in other people's rooms for hours due to my social starvation

I can tell they despise me at this point because they exclude me from all their fun activities, and try to hide the fact that they didn't invite me, but I keep their rent low, and I have a car so they keep me around.
>>
>>17123257
>report it to the RA
Why did you do this? It was an extreme dick move. At least you've figured out the reasons they keep you around. Go find people that never heard of the story otherwise your social life is gonna be shit. Move or change school if nothing works out.
>>
You shouldn't have reported them unless they were doing something illegal.
>>
>>17123257

>I snitched on them then tried to be their friend and reveal personal things about myself

Dumb move anon, why did you do this?
>>
>>17123309

I know that now, for my own sake, but these kids WERE underage and you can't legally consent if you're intoxicated.
>>
>>17123240
unless you staying wih friends, go find something else to do. because your life and theirs doesnt revolve around you
>>
If the the people you are living with were having sex with unconsciously drunk girls when they were much less drunk that's a problem but it's not automatically rape because people are drinking. Kind of dumb to report them if it wasn't super rapey and dumb to live with them if they're rapists.
>>
File: 84 KB.jpg (80 KB, 451x604) Image search: [Google]
84 KB.jpg
80 KB, 451x604
>>17123281
>>17123318
>>17123328
I am aware that I fucked up. If nothing else, I needlessly put my whole social life n the life to fix their stupid mistakes.

What do I do now? How do I act in their presence?
>>
The only thing you can do is either make new friends or apologize for being a stick in the mud and hope they forgive you.
>>
>>17123257
>>report it to the RA
Ok so what exactly is wrong with you? I mean psychologically speaking.
I am nutso and borderline-autistic and even I know not to do that.
I learned tattle-taling was bad after getting beaten up enough times in elementary school, how did you manage to avoid that life lesson?

>>later I ask out one of these girls
Yeah you're nuts.
>>Basically tell another girl I have a crush on her in a moment of emotional weakness (family death)
Again nuts.
>realize after a while that I'm that annoying guy who hangs out in other people's rooms for hours due to my social starvation
Shit man, you sound exactly like I was as a kid, before I got the talkativeness and annoyingness beaten out of me.

>>17123349
>What do I do now? How do I act in their presence?
Shutting up is one of the greatest skills in life. Learn it, or you'll keep suffering.

Sure i'm "that guy who never talks" now, but that's better than being "that pathetic annoying nerdy loser who thinks we're his friends".

For your current situation, just say something like "sorry, i have autism and i'm shit at interacting with people, i'm sorry for making every situation awkward and screwing things up for you, i hope you can forgive me".
>>
>>17123257
>report it to the RA
Nah, you did fine, senpai.

There'd be rape allegations, some true, some false, flying all over the place. You saved everyone a bunch of trouble.

And the solution to your problem is to get a place of your own.
>>
>>17123663
I am aware of how hard I fucked up, otherwise I wouldn't have made this thread. No need to keep pressing that home.

That said, how would you go about shutting up? What can and cannot be said? I still have to speak with them because we live in the same space, and they often start small talk out of politeness.
>>
>>17123320
not your problem anon
>>
>>17123837
Answer is
>And the solution to your problem is to get a place of your own.

Besides, you're in college. The fuck do you care about a social life for? You should be killing yourself studying so you can finish your courses and get out of that useless waste of time.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.