[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this absolute bullshit? (it sounds like absolute bullshit)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Bullshit.jpg (264 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.jpg
264 KB, 1000x666
About 4 months ago my friend claimed to have schizophrenia. He just messaged me saying:

>"I'm crazy and they told me my eating disorder is changing my brain so my mental issues change often
meaning at times my anxiety or depression is better or worse
and I develop altogether new stuff for brief amounts of time
and at the moment I'm losing a lot of myself
that's as simple as I can put it
that's why I had auditory hallucinations and stuff
and I thought I was schizo
but it's malnutrition"

He's been a really big dick to me, is this his way of trying to make that okay? And is what he says scientifically accurate?
>>
its a reason for his actions, not an excuse for them
>>
>>17123089
I think malnutrition could certainly mess with your head, but it sounds to me like he's creating false logic/imaginary structure or pattern where none exists. This is a classic schizophreniform symptom. Not so different from imagining a conspiracy against you/radios in your teeth/etc.
>>
You should as him to lick your sphincter and if he does you'll fogive him
>>
>>17123089
Can an eating disorder affect mood? Absolutely. Are eating disorders generally comorbid with other disorders? Yes. Can a bad eating disorder mimic schizophrenia? No.

I've seen ED patients who were delirious because of malnutrition, vitamin deficiencies, even electrolyte problems, but those are transient symptoms that are obviously part of the eating disorder. You're not going to have persistent auditory hallucinations as part of an eating disorder.

What is much more likely is that your friend has a Cluster B personality disorder (fuck you, DSM5, I'm still using that language) and is lying to manipulate you. My advice would be to slowly withdraw from the relationship.
>>
>>17123091
This, basically. Even if you have a condition that makes you act like a cunt it doesn't mean you get carte blanche to continue being a prick without expressing some form of regret or an excuse.
>>
>>17123192
I think you're hearing hooves and thinking zebras instead of horses. Schizophrenia is the less likely diagnosis, there would be more obvious symptoms, and the rest of the behavioral pattern doesn't suggest thought disorder or psychotic process. Besides, the only person who put schizophrenia on the table is OP's friend. This sounds less like persistent delusions than it does like someone trying to talk their way out of a lie.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.