[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do after you've violated your moral code? Like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: TheWitch.jpg (738 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
TheWitch.jpg
738 KB, 1920x1440
What do you do after you've violated your moral code?

Like you made a compromise that totally shattered what you knew as right and wrong to save your life.

What do you do in that situation? What do you turn to to run the moral code of the rest of your life? It's not important what I did, although you may be curious. And if I confessed it would ruin my life, so that's not an option. What's important is how to live after that, and I was wondering if anyone ever had to do that before from here, rebuild their life around a new moral code where what they did was acceptable so they can move on
>>
>>17122905
Are you me?
>>
Did you suck a dogs dick and let him fuck your ass in return for something you needed badly?
>>
>>17122905
>rebuild their life around a new moral code where what they did was acceptable so they can move on

Why? If you failed, look the truth in the eye, cash in some free wisdom and never do the same mistake again.

If you change your beliefs to reaffirm that you did nothing wrong, you learn nothing. And you open another gate to be corrupted even easier in the future.
>>
Are you the anon that constantly makes vague pedo threads where you bait people into asking what it is you did?
>>
>>17122962
Are YOU me?
>>
>>17122969
no

and it's not sexually related at all
>>
You ratted someone out to avoid prison time?
>>
>>17122905
You make amends for what you did, admit what you did was wrong, provide restitution to those you've harmed if necessary, and promise to yourself and them not to do it again. Then fulfill that promise.

As a soberfag I deal with this shit constantly. Addicts and alcoholics always end up crossing lines they never thought they'd cross morally, and the shame of it is often an excuse for more bad behavior. It is only by making full amends to those involved, no matter the cost, and ceasing it in the future that we gain freedom from the shame. And the freedom does come. I and many many others have found it.
>>
Just learn from said fuck up and strain to never do it again.

In life, you're guaranteed to fuck up more than succeed. The difference between successful people and losers is how you rebound from said fuck ups.

Okay, so what's you do? We're all anonymous here.
>>
>>17122905
Own up to it and move on. It should be punishment enough that you have to live with it.

>inb4 i jerked off to my sister
>>
>>17123489
>We're all anonymous here.
To other anons, but not to the fuzz or hiroshima, both of whom are monitoring these threads.

>>17122905
You salvage what you can and maintain that instead as best as you can.
>>
>>17123514
>To other anons, but not to the fuzz or hiroshima, both of whom are monitoring these threads.
But OP claims that this was done to save her life. If "necessity" can be adequately demonstrated, this can be made to stand up in court. Self-defense is essentially a specific case of the doctrine of necessity. In short, I'm not so sure it would actually ruin OP's life.
>>
>>17122905
Here's a question for you: Was your moral code realistic or an ideal that you strived for? Eventually you realize that real life makes your ideal impossible to accomplish and you learn to compromise based on your acceptance of that fact. I used to be somewhat anal retentive about doing things as proper and correct as possible but then reality threw a brick at my head and I learned to move on. I still try to do things as proper as possible but not to the point where it gets in the way of work performance, personal comfort, interpersonal relationships, etc. Life is a compromise, you accept it and you move on.
>>
>>17122905
Get Rich. Get bitches. Kill. Literally fuck everyone else.
>>
>>17123557
And what has what you learned in the first year of your law degree got to do with anything OP's said?

>OP claims
He said nothing. Go back to revising for your exams, greenhorn.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.