[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, what are the cons of not going to parties, night clubs,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: introverted.jpg (143 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
introverted.jpg
143 KB, 600x350
/adv/, what are the cons of not going to parties, night clubs, drunk hangouts, etc ever?
>>
>>17122593
You could potentially alienate yourself from your social circles and a pool of potential romantic/sexual partners.
>>
>>17122593
If you are asking this question to choose between your personal preference and what is socially acceptable or common - try every option, disregard any expectations and choose what feels best for you.
>>
>>17122631
Kind of. Because I hate showing any vulnerabilities to strangers, I won't try partying. Have zero understanding what is enjoyable there.
My parents are concerned that I don't have much friends, that's pretty much it.

>>17122616
Thanks, anon, are these the only minuses?
>>
>>17122644
>My parents are concerned that I don't have much friends

How old are you now? Are you a younger version of me by any chance?

If you know you have capacity to have only few friends, make sure to keep strong connections with those you have.

Anyway, it's okay to only do uncommon social activities. Personally I sometimes go to martial arts and dance classes, hang out with one friend at a time in a quiet bar or go to group meditation or laughter yoga meetups. No nightclubs, no drunk parties.

>>17122616 is both right and wrong. Yes, I am alienating myself from some people and limiting my pool of potential partners. But at the same time I make sure the people I meet have similiar interests and they are interacting with me, not a phony pretending to enjoy a party.
>>
>>17122687
I'm 19, pretty young. Was bordering on autistic at school, now have a plenty of good acquaintances and a couple of friends. It was hard.
Yeah, trying to force myself any further will be too much, I can feel it.

>not a phony pretending to enjoy a party
I concur, the "forced" atmosphere and lack of common interests are pretty unpleasant.

Thanks, anon, it's good to hear that it's okay to be uncommonly social.
>>
>>17122593

I mean, the major con is that you hate something you haven't experienced that a lot of people love. Socializing is my favorite hobby - it's amazing to learn about other people, to spend time in the same space with others uninhibited... I'll admit, nightclubs suck a huge dick, but a drunk hangout lets you expose yourself in a really raw way to others, where you're not as concerned about what they're going to think, or judge.

I mean, nothing against someone who doesn't want to, but I was a really shy kid and I think I'd have ended up very lonely and sad as I got older if I hadn't loosened up and started to go to these things.
>>
>>17122739
Yeah, that is partially the reason I ask.
Want to try, but is it worth the risk?

>no company I know good enough to get drunk with.
>I'm afraid I love disconnecting from reality so much, I'd probably drink myself to death alone to escape into delusions forever.
>weak stomach.
>female, love daydreaming about sex, horrified by the prospect of turning into whore drunk
>very slow, clumsy and physically weak

Maybe only people who have complex psychological inhibitions have a need to loosen up?

I am a bit of social retard and speak what I think (in a stupid, not mean way) too easily. So try to choose friends carefully, because I am really bad at lying and being dishonest, it kinda sucks.
>>
>>17122593

I'm pretty introverted and don't really go to parties unless I know at least a few others who will be there. Even then, I need to be in just the right mood otherwise the whole event will be unpleasant for everyone.

I don't really see anyone I would meet at a party as a "potential romantic partner" simply because if the first time I meet them is getting trashed at someone's house, I really don't know enough about them to care that much. I might get contact info and have a nice chat, but I don't put any real value into them unless we spend time outside of the party atmosphere.

I've met/known people who only really socialize through parties. They're fun to be around for about 5 minutes and then invariably drink themselves into a stupor and become annoying quickly. I'm not interested in anyone like that.
>>
>>17122593

Well as long as you do go out sometimes in bars or at friends gathering / birthdays it won't impact you so much, you will have less acquaintances and more true friends
If you're 25 it's basicly what people do when they go out, harcore party is very less frequent when people get a job

If you do never go out and have no friends, and are in college :
You don't meet new people, no potential friends/romantic/sexual opportunities
Ostracized from group if you never go out with them
Having less things to say since you don't participate to anything
Having a reputation if you're a wierdo
>>
File: Party.jpg (54 KB, 600x368) Image search: [Google]
Party.jpg
54 KB, 600x368
>>17122593
Not having a normal social life, basically. Ordinary people do a LOT of bonding and socializing at those kinds of events.
It depends on your social circle, though. Nerdy asian kids, for example, prefer to study all night instead.

>>17122644
>Have zero understanding what is enjoyable there.
Being with people you like and having fun with them.
I understand that in theory, but in practice I don't go to parties/clubs/etc because I always end up just standing around for several hours wondering what the hell i'm supposed to be doing.
Some of us are not very good at what most people consider "having fun".
You're just introverted, there's many of us out there.
Unfortunately, introverted girls are a bit of a rarity, unluckily for us.
Still enough to have a romantic life though, just not enough to feel comfortable saying "there's plenty of fish in the sea".

>>17122739
>a drunk hangout lets you expose yourself in a really raw way to others
I like this too in theory. I prefer to be brutally honest and i'd love to have an excuse to tell people what i really think, whether positive or negative, eg the pretty photographer girl that hides her face in pictures, the guy who smells like burnt ass every other day, the chick that thinks i'm much smarter than her but doesn't know about the classes i've failed, etc.
Too bad nobody seems to host such gatherings.
People seem to like upbeat, hectic, "fun" parties, the kind with music so loud you're hoarse for a week after so much yelling at people 1 foot away because you can't hear jack shit otherwise.

>>17122780
>>female, love daydreaming about sex, horrified by the prospect of turning into whore drunk
Don't worry about this too much. People tell me I should "have a few drinks, loosen up" but it doesn't really "loosen me up", i'm the same person and have the same personality while drunk.
Many people are like that. Alcohol only seems to be magical for extroverts.
>>
Better to have less friends and not be careless.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.