[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get over the fact that, no matter how hard you try,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: rP151X4.jpg (67 KB, 571x960) Image search: [Google]
rP151X4.jpg
67 KB, 571x960
How do you get over the fact that, no matter how hard you try, you will never be more attractive than average, and may, in fact, even be ugly?

I feel like it's hopeless and I'm tired of trying to put effort in.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 499x244) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 499x244
Then stop putting effort in. If it isn't meant to be then get over it and put your care and time into other things like achievements. Be at peace with who you are and hold a reasonable world view and self concept.
>>
Get talented at something. At the very least, be kind and polite. Compensate.
>>
>>17122475
>>17122482
I'm actually successful and very talented at what I do, and I do have hobbies I put a lot of time into...

I'd just like to be attractive too. No matter how much effort I've put into improving myself in other ways. Should I just pay for plastic surgery? How weird is it to take a month off from work and come back more attractive?
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 236x354
>>17122506
Well everyone would like to be attractive, especially in these days when we're raised by hollywood and ads. It's like it's put in us since birth that if you aren't attractive then you aren't cool and therefore not worthwhile. Not everyone can be attractive, and there is peace that comes with accepting that.

Plastic surgery can and has gone very wrong in the past, I suggest you save your money and learn to live with yourself as you are. You are way too worried about your attractiveness and it's draining you. And I think everyone would know if you took a month off and came back more attractive..
>>
Realize that physical attractiveness is just one way of many to stick out, and nurture the strengths you already have. Gain confidence in your appearance, even if you're ugly or just average, because it really doesn't matter if you're not a supermodel. Nobody cares desu familia.

Confidence is attractive, and you will get more attractive the less insecure you act/are.

Chances are that you're just fine, too.

Source: uggo that got a girlfriend after I stopped beating myself up for being ugly.
>>
>>17122523
>Nobody cares desu familia.
My bf cares. He already rarely wants sex; he's certainly not going to want it if I put in less effort.

There is something to be said for confidence tho. I'll try to be less insecure about it... I guess I should have confidence in just looking the best I can, even if the best I can do isn't great. Thanks.
>>
well I have a fat fetish so I decided to intentionally get really fat, now I can't stop fapping to my own reflection
>>
>>17122543
It honestly seems like you perceive that you have less self-worth than he does and that's literally one aspect of a woman that guys might find initially attractive, but quickly realise it's incredibly draining, needing to be one person's support for their confidence.
>>
>>17122506
If you want to do it I'd say go for it

Only live once
>>
>>17122543
Are you overweight/have some other issues with your body or are you just worried about your face? Because almost everyone can improve their body and it usually rises self confidence by quite a lot.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.